Plex Database folder not updated in the config

• Still on OMV 3

ii openmediavault 3.0.60 all Open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-couchpotato 3.2.2 all OpenMediaVault CouchPotatoServer plugin
    ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii openmediavault-letsencrypt 3.2 all Generate free and valid SSL certificates for OMV
    ii openmediavault-nzbget 3.2 all command-line based binary newsgrabber for nzb files
    ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 3.4.15 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii openmediavault-plexmediaserver 3.8.1 all OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin
    ii openmediavault-radarr 3.0 all OpenMediaVault Radarr plugin
    ii openmediavault-sonarr 3.2 all OpenMediaVault Sonarr plugin
    ii openmediavault-transmissionbt 3.0.9 all OpenMediaVault Transmission (BitTorrent client) plugin.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Post the output of:

omv-showkey plexmediaserver
    omv-mkconf plexmediaserver

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• ~# omv-showkey plexmediaserver
    <plexmediaserver>
    <enable>1</enable>
    <pyenable>0</pyenable>
    <pyrun>0</pyrun>
    <db-folder>/media/916b6331-389d-47d9-b927-2e1c4d2f36d4/plexmediaserver</db-folder>
    <mntentref>9442873b-30aa-4337-82e6-2431c73677e2</mntentref>
    <showtab>0</showtab>
    <pyport>8182</pyport>
    </plexmediaserver>
    ~# omv-mkconf plexmediaserver gave no output

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is in /etc/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service.d now?

ls -al /etc/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service.d/

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

Doesn't make any sense. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep plexm

• ii openmediavault-plexmediaserver 3.8.1 all OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin
    ii plexmediaserver 1.4.0.3224-7d2c839 amd64 Plex organizes all of your personal media so you can easily access and enjoy it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

plexmediaserver 1.4.0.3224-7d2c839

This is your problem. There is a reason that 1.3.3 is in the omv-extras repo. You installed a package that doesn't work properly with Debian. I still don't understand why the file is not being created but it wouldn't matter anyway.

• I see there is a 1.4.1 release now.
    Will se if the debian is compiled for this release and upgrade
    I thought you could use the Ubuntu release on OMV 3.0.
    That was said before

• Offizieller Beitrag

I thought you could use the Ubuntu release on OMV 3.0.

I don't use plex. It may install but I have no idea if it works correctly. I only put the packages from shell.ninthgate.se in our repo. Yes, this means there will be a delay in versions.

• @ryecoaaron Is it correct to say that OMV running Jessie uses the SystemD as init system? If so, here's what one of the Plex Dev's posted regarding the Ubuntu/Jessie version of Plex. https://forums.plex.tv/discuss…/1347883/#Comment_1347883
    After saying this does it make sense to pull the plex version straight from Plex.tv repo instead of using the shell.ninthgate.se server?

The reason I'm asking this is that there has been some question as to how long that repo will stay online now that the official version of plex "should" work on OMV 3.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is it correct to say that OMV running Jessie uses the SystemD as init system?

Yes. OMV 3.x uses systemd.

After saying this does it make sense to pull the plex version straight from Plex instead of using the shell.ninthgate.se server?

I just tried it and it does seem to work. But, I don't use plex at all. So, other people are going to have to test this. I just wish plex had their own repo so I didn't have to put the plex package in our mirror repo.

• Zitat von ryecoaaron

But, I don't use plex at all. So, other people are going to have to test this. I just wish plex had their own repo so I didn't have to put the plex package in our mirror repo.

That's good to hear. Maybe this will make your job a little easier. Plex does have a repo https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-…inux-server-distributions here's how to get it. My only concern right now is if we move to the new repo with the way we currently have plex installed how that will work. I don't want it to break anything

• Offizieller Beitrag

Interesting. I didn't know they had a repo now. I would gladly change the repo that omv-extras enables if multiple people verify these packages work. Then I wouldn't have to maintain repo. There would be no difference in how plex is installed. The package would just be coming from a different repo. It is possible that plex might change something and people would install the updated package before the plugin is fixed/changed. But, that is kind of a possibility with a lot of packages (docker, virtualbox, zfs, etc).

• just add the repo and run apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
    you may get an error "conflict in distribution" but it works anyway.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well, if we can get a couple more people to test this, I have the code (omv-extras update) ready to commit.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you remove the Plex epo in the OMV-Extra and added the Ubuntu repo from Plex?

You don't need to disable the omv-extras plex repo. Just add in the omv-extras repo tab. See pic.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!