Plex Database folder not updated in the config

• Offizieller Beitrag

I assume this will affect the PlexPy addon that's part of the OMV-Extra's Plex version plugin correct? I better look at backing that up and installing it manually or maybe @ryecoaaron can you include the PlexPy addon as a separate plugin?

I don't know anything about plexpy but I don't think it will affect it from looking at the code. It does use an /etc/init.d/ script but systemd has a compatibility package for that.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I don't know anything about plexpy but I don't think it will affect it from looking at the code. It does use an /etc/init.d/ script but systemd has a compatibility package for that.

Oh interesting. I didn't know about the compatibility package for systemd.
    If I were to install PlexPy manually should the etc/init.d script still work as it currently does, or should I be using the compatibility package you mentioned? It is a fairly simple script, but does a lot of cool stats for Plex that Plex lacks in the current form. I guess my main concern (not the install of the script) but making the script load if the system is rebooted, etc. Now that OMV uses systemd.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If I were to install PlexPy manually should the etc/init.d script still work as it currently does

It should but I can't guarantee that.

should I be using the compatibility package you mentioned?

You shouldn't have to install anything. Since the plexpy maintainer is using init scripts for Ubuntu, it must work on systemd.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

So when I add the Official Plex repo, should I disable the plexmediaserver repo first? to avoid conflicts?

No need to. apt will see all the versions and pick the newest version or whichever is pinned higher. If omv-extras is pinned higher, then disable the omv-extras repo. You just won't get plex plugin updates while it is disabled. If we can get a couple more people to test, I will just push out the change and you won't need to do any of this.

• Here's a question I just thought of. If we start to use the official repo for the plex plugin would we still have an option in OMV to enable and disable the plugin or will this now need to be done via ssh?

Also, the current plugin has an area to point Plex to a location for the database files. Will I have to use a symlink to correct this since the official plugin won't have this option? Lots of questions that I have before I take the plunge since I have a very active Plex server and want to avoid long periods of downtime.

EDIT: I just saw your post made before mine... Okay good to know

• Offizieller Beitrag

Here's a question I just thought of. If we start to use the official repo for the plex plugin would we still have an option in OMV to enable and disable the plugin or will this now need to be done via ssh?

Nothing will change from my initial tests. Both version of plex use a systemd unit file to start and stop. This is what the plugin does. My fresh VM worked fine.

the current plugin has an area to point Plex to a location for the database files. Will I have to use a symlink to correct this since the official plugin won't have this option?

You are confusing plugin and package. Right now in omv-extras, there is the openmediavault-plexmediaserver plugin and the plexmediaserver package. The plugin won't change at all since we are only changing the plexmediaserver package. There isn't much (if any) difference between the plexmediaserver packages from plex and ninthgate.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any suggestions?

Disable the omv-extras plex repo and use the apt clean button.

• I thought that's what you're going to ask me to do so I took the liberty in disabling all the OMV-Extra repos too and using apt-clean and the same thing is happening. Nothing showing in the update management section.

I did notice that at the bottom of the add a repo window there's a toggle for permanent. I can't select this in the new Plex repo I added. I noticed that the other repos have this enabled.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I thought that's what you're going to ask me to do so I took the liberty in disabling all the OMV-Extra repos too and using apt-clean and the same thing is happening. Nothing showing in the update management section.

No need to disable the non-plex repos.

I did notice that at the bottom of the add a repo window there's a toggle for permanent. I can't select this in the new Plex repo I added. I noticed that the other repos have this enabled.

You aren't supposed to be able to change the permanent check box. That is how I keep people from changing or deleting the core OMV-extras repos. So, it doesn't need to be checked for the repo you added. Otherwise, you couldn't change or delete it.

What is the output of: apt-cache policy plexmediaserver

• delete file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plexmediaserver.list

then delete and add the repo again through webinterface. if you get an error, dont add the key URL

show output of /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omv-extras-org.list

• So now I have version plexmediaserver (1.3.4.3285-b46e0ea) showing in the Update Management section of plex. All I did was remove the repo key line in the add repo section.

Before I go ahead and update is this the current version? I remembered when I went to the plex.tv site to download the Ubuntu version I saw version 1.4.1. This seems to be a different version.

• Thanks for your help!

@ryecoaaron I can confirm that the official package works on OMV 3. I just did a test and the transcoder also works without any issues.

By removing the key line in the add repo section will it have have any future issues? Why do we need it or don't need it? This is really just for my knowledge and curiosity.

• Offizieller Beitrag

delete file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plexmediaserver.list

Everything in this file is commented out. It doesn't hurt anything.

All I did was remove the repo key line in the add repo section.

It must be having an issue but this will be solved by the omv-extras update.

I saw version 1.4.1.

That is probably the plexpass version. plexpass members get versions faster and there is no plexpass repo yet.

By removing the key line in the add repo section will it have have any future issues?

No nor should you need this manual entry at all with the next omv-extras update. The key only needs to be installed once.

Why do we need it or don't need it?

The key is just so that apt knows it is an ok repo to download packages from.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!