Plex Database folder not updated in the config

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guess all I would have to do is manually download the .deb file from the plex.tv site and upload it through the Update Management section? It will install it over the current version, correct?

I don't think you can upload files that large. I would install with dpkg. Never used plexpass so I don't know what the difference is.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

It's a way to give paying users access to some of the cool new features before they release it to the public.

So, you pay to be a beta tester? :D

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• LOL, I paid for a lifetime membership about 3/4 years ago. You also get all their apps for free etc. Due to the amount I use Plex, it has paid for it's self time over time. I think of it helping with development!

With all the help you have given, is there a way to show my gratitude to you and OMV?

• I just updated to 1.4.1 using the dpkg and it worked flawlessly. Good to know that I have this option if I have a problem with the public release or want an option only available in the plexpass version.

Since this worked on my system and a couple of others, I think it maybe safe to pull the package from the plex repo for OMV3 installs.

Thanks again for your help!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think it maybe safe to pull the package from the plex repo for OMV3 installs.

Updating the code and testing now.

• Offizieller Beitrag

With all the help you have given, is there a way to show my gratitude to you and OMV?

omv-extras 3.4.17 in repo now. I recommend deleting the plex repo if you added it since it is enabled with the normal plex repo now.

• Hi gang, I just tried multiple times to install/uninstall. I purged all packages, apt-get clean, autoclean. Rebooted.

Still, the latest Plex will not start it's service. It is install, just the service is still showing up red in the dashboard.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• Hi JSKershaw, I tried to re-install plex this morning and I can't, I get this error.

Error #0:exception 'OMV\Config\DatabaseException' with message 'Failed to execute XPath query '//services/plexmediaserver'.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:78Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/plexmediaserver.inc(58): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.service.pl...')#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/services.inc(56): OMVModulePlexMediaServer->getStatus()#2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceServices->getStatus(Array, Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(84): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getStatus', Array, Array)#5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(516): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Services', 'getStatus', Array, Array, 1)#6 {main}

Here are the results from the dpkg -l | grep openm command

• Hello,

After reinstalling with new repo, i have the same error when trying to start plex service :

plexmediaserver.service - Plex Media Server for Linux
    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service; enabled)
    Active: failed (Result: start-limit) since ven. 2017-02-17 18:30:13 CET; 1s ago
    Process: 9927 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c /usr/bin/test -d "${PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_APPLICATION_SUPPORT_DIR}" || /bin/mkdir -p "${PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_APPLICATION_SUPPORT_DIR}" (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
    Main PID: 8265 (code=exited, status=255)

févr. 17 18:30:08 omv-nas systemd[1]: Failed to start Plex Media Server for Linux.
    févr. 17 18:30:08 omv-nas systemd[1]: Unit plexmediaserver.service entered failed state.
    févr. 17 18:30:13 omv-nas systemd[1]: plexmediaserver.service holdoff time over, scheduling restart.
    févr. 17 18:30:13 omv-nas systemd[1]: Stopping Plex Media Server for Linux...
    févr. 17 18:30:13 omv-nas systemd[1]: Starting Plex Media Server for Linux...
    févr. 17 18:30:13 omv-nas systemd[1]: plexmediaserver.service start request repeated too quickly, refusing to start.
    févr. 17 18:30:13 omv-nas systemd[1]: Failed to start Plex Media Server for Linux.
    févr. 17 18:30:13 omv-nas systemd[1]: Unit plexmediaserver.service entered failed state.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you try getting it to work without using your existing library/database? Makes me think the existing library/database has something wrong with it.

• I point my database to my mergefs array, is it possible that the issue com from ?
    And yes I have tried to remove the database and recreate one with :

chown -R plex:plex /media/uid/plemediaserver

The service start but stop instantly :

root@omv-nas:/media/7d47a9d2-77e8-41c3-be0b-dfce122e609c# service plexmediaserver status
    ● plexmediaserver.service - Plex Media Server for Linux
    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service; enabled)
    Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service.d
    └─db_folder.conf
    Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since ven. 2017-02-17 20:44:28 CET; 781ms ago
    Process: 28719 ExecStart=/bin/sh -c LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/plexmediaserver /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex\ Media\ Server (code=exited, status=25 5)
    Process: 28716 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c /usr/bin/test -d "${PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_APPLICATION_SUPPORT_DIR}" || /bin/mkdir -p "${PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_APPL ICATION_SUPPORT_DIR}" (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Main PID: 28719 (code=exited, status=255)

févr. 17 20:44:28 omv-nas systemd[1]: Unit plexmediaserver.service entered failed state.

• Yes like you mbourd25, to avoid issue when reinstalling plex i remove old folder and user before:

userdel plex
    rm -rf /usr/lib/plexmediaserver
    rm -rf /var/lib/plexmediaserver

• Logs inside Database folder are :

Feb 17, 2017 20:44:34.175 [0x7fa8c1bfe700] INFO - /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex Media Server
    Feb 17, 2017 20:44:34.175 [0x7fa8cd6c2800] DEBUG - BPQ: [Idle] -> [Starting]
    Feb 17, 2017 20:44:34.175 [0x7fa8cd6c2800] DEBUG - Opening 20 database sessions to library (com.plexapp.plugins.library), SQLite 3.13.0, threadsafe=1
    Feb 17, 2017 20:44:34.176 [0x7fa8cd6c2800] ERROR - SQLITE3:0x10, 5386, os_unix.c:33579: (19) mmap(/media/7d47a9d2-77e8-41c3-be0b-dfce122e609c/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Databases/com.plexapp.plugins.library.db-shm) - No such devi
    Feb 17, 2017 20:44:34.176 [0x7fa8cd6c2800] ERROR - SQLITE3:0x10, 5386, disk I/O error
    Feb 17, 2017 20:44:34.177 [0x7fa8cd6c2800] ERROR - Database corruption: sqlite3_statement_backend::prepare: disk I/O error for SQL: PRAGMA cache_size=2000
    Feb 17, 2017 20:44:34.177 [0x7fa8cd6c2800] ERROR - Error: Unable to set up server: sqlite3_statement_backend::prepare: disk I/O error for SQL: PRAGMA cache_size=2000 (N4soci10soci_errorE)

Edit:

Ok so i found this :Plex media server does not start if db volume in megerfs pool

Indeed if i point to my drive directly, the service start.

My bad i didn't know.

For those who have same issue, you have to edit

/etc/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service.d/db_folder.conf --> replace UID by new one
    /etc/passwd --> replace UID by new one
    systemctl daemon-reload

Service should start now.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!