Plex Database folder not updated in the config

• Yes like you mbourd25, to avoid issue when reinstalling plex i remove old folder and user before:

userdel plex
    rm -rf /usr/lib/plexmediaserver
    rm -rf /var/lib/plexmediaserver

Hi achris, I followed your instructions. I was able to install Plex. The service is running but I still can't connect to the server, I still get "Looking for server" at the Plex home page.

What am I doing wrong that I can't get the Plex server to start?

• I've just updated to the OMV 3.0.62 on a Pi 3, and had the Plexmedia repo enabled previously, but when I try to Update from the OMV-Extras screen, I get this error:

W: Conflicting distribution: https://downloads.plex.tv public InRelease (expected public but got )
    W: Failed to fetch https://downloads.plex.tv/repo/deb/dists/public/InRelease Unable to find expected entry 'main/binary-armhf/Packages' in Release file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
    <<< *************************************

and one *very* similar error if I try to run Check on the Plugins page. I've run Apt Clean as well.

And the Plex plugin does not show up on the Plugins page after I did the above.

Have I done something wrong, or..... ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Have I done something wrong, or..... ?

This is my fault... The RPi screws up everything. With the omv-extras repo, there was a repo for armhf. With the official plex repo, there is no armhf repo. So you get an error. I will have to think about how to fix this. Just disable the plex repo for now.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks for the info, that would explain it. I'll disable and wait.

omv-extras update in repo now.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Good lord, lmao. When you said "I have to think about how to fix this"..... I figured you'd.... you know.... actually need some time TO think about it.

Thank you for the quick fix.

2 hour turnaround..... Do you ever sleep, or are you really R2D2? ;)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Wouldn't have taken that long if I didn't have other things to do :) I sleep about 5 hours a night unless I am binge-watching episodes of The 100 :D

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ah, youth. I remember being able to get by on 5 or 6 hours, sometimes less. Not at 62, though.

That is more than when I was younger. It was 3 or 4 with a half hour nap at 22. Now it is 5 or 6 at 42. Probably 7 or 8 at 62 :)

• Hi gang, I still can't get Plex to work. I just upgraded to the new omv-extra 3.0.63, did an apt-clean, removed all traces of the old Plex and still can't get it to work.

What is going on? How come Plex server doesn't work properly?

• Well, I *was* having issues early today but it's working fine now. This is on a Raspberry Pi 3, not sure what box you're using.

Are you able to try this? It's a little time-consuming, but should not hurt anything.

First, uninstall Plex. Then, OMV-Extras page -> disable the Plex repo, save, and do an apt-clean.

Then, if relevant (it wasn't for me, no traces were left after uninstalling it), remove all traces of plex using the commands earlier in this thread, the deluser and two "rm" commands.

Once that is done, back to Update Management, do a "Check". If anything shows up, install it.

Now back to OMV-Extras page -> enable Plex repo, save, then click Update.

Now check Plugins page, should see Plex version 3.8.1. Install it.

If that doesn't help, one of the gurus will have to answer.

• Hi TheSidewinder, I just followed your instructions to completly re-install Plex and it still doesn't work. I still get the Plex home page in my browse, looking for servers. But I just verified, the server in running, I don't know why the Plex home page cannot find my server?

Thanks again for your help. If you can suggest anything, that would be great.

• Offizieller Beitrag

one of the experts (ryecoaaron?) will need to help.

Sorry, I know the plugin but I know very little about plex itself (since I don't use it).

• Hi gang, I am finally able to see the Plex server, but I had to point my Plex webpage to openmediavault.local:32400 instead of my regular 192.168.1.116:32400 plex webpage.

The IP address of my OMV server is 192.168.1.116, how come it can't see that address for my Plex webpage?

Thanks gang for your help.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!