Plex Database folder not updated in the config

• The new update broke my installation. I redid the install, but the service still fails to start, throwing this error in the Plex log file:

Code
    Feb 22, 2017 10:45:02.378 [0x7f3beaad6800] ERROR - FATAL ERROR: Codecs: Initialize: 'boost:
    :filesystem::create_directory: Too many levels of symbolic links: "/media/20b65062-b646-419
    c-8b51-393b73d64796/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Codecs/c9
    ea179-1157-linux-ubuntu-x86_64"'
  • The new update broke my installation. I redid the install, but the service still fails to start, throwing this error in the Plex log file:

Code
    Feb 22, 2017 10:45:02.378 [0x7f3beaad6800] ERROR - FATAL ERROR: Codecs: Initialize: 'boost:
    :filesystem::create_directory: Too many levels of symbolic links: "/media/20b65062-b646-419
    c-8b51-393b73d64796/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Codecs/c9
    ea179-1157-linux-ubuntu-x86_64"'

OK, I fixed it by removing some symlinks here and there. All in all a troublesome experience.

• Offizieller Beitrag

OK, I fixed it by removing some symlinks here and there. All in all a troublesome experience.

When things like symlinks are added to fix things that are broken, they should be removed before upgrading. That said, hopefully things get better now that we are using the Plex repo.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi gang, I am finally able to see the Plex server, but I had to point my Plex webpage to openmediavault.local:32400 instead of my regular 192.168.1.116:32400 plex webpage.

The IP address of my OMV server is 192.168.1.116, how come it can't see that address for my Plex webpage?

Thanks gang for your help.

Maybe this is a dumb question but have you tried to ping openmediavault.local to se if you get that ip? And did you remember the /web at the end. Some times it also helps to clear the browsers' cache or open an incognito tap.

• Maybe this is a dumb question but have you tried to ping openmediavault.local to se if you get that ip? And did you remember the /web at the end. Some times it also helps to clear the browsers' cache or open an incognito tap.

Hi henkall, I already cleared the cache, used another computer in my house. I even used one of my tablets and I still couldn't reach the server by pointing to 192.168.1.116.

But forgot about trying to ping the server to both IP address and name server, I will try that tonight.

Thanks for your help and ideas.

• Offizieller Beitrag

That is probably related to this:
    forum.openmediavault.org/index…-omvextras-3-4-17-SOLVED/

That is fixed. No idea what repos the plex package adds but omv-extras checks to see if a repo exists before adding it but can't control if the package adds the repo after omv-extras has added repos. Try the apt clean button in omv-extras.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Maybe this is a dumb question but have you tried to ping openmediavault.local to se if you get that ip? And did you remember the /web at the end. Some times it also helps to clear the browsers' cache or open an incognito tap.

Hi henkall, I just pinged my omv server using the server name, openmediavault.local, and it returned 192.168.1.116.

Why is Plex not responding to it's ip address?

• I seem to be running into this issue now as well. Running OMV 3.0.76 but just now noticing this has been going on since I set it up. The directory I'm pointo to for the database is not being used, instead it's in /var/lib

I should have noticed something sooner. A while ago I whacked the server, had to rebuild it since I was re-building the raid (Expanding it) from 2 drives to 4. When I set up plex, I pointed it to the same folder that was already there from the previous build with all the metadata and such and it came up empty. But my login info was still there? Weird. I've noticed my system drive got really full all in a short period and is still expanding, come to find out it's the damn plex folder.

1. How do I move this? (I'm guessing rsync job of course)
    2. How do I solve this? Gui/Plugin still broken? I mean nothing has been posted here for months but here I am with the same problem after several upgrades to OMV and to Plex itself. Latest upgrade was right from the OMV Plugins themselves and not done manually.

Bilder

OMV 3.0.76

Asus Z97, Intel i7-4770
    16gb Ram
    Corsair 550w PSU
    Fractal Design Mini Black MATX Case (5 Fans)
    4x WD 6TB Red (Raid 6) Main Storage
    2x WL 3TB (Raid 1) Secondary Storage / Future Cloud
    30gb SSD (OS)
    Plex Media Server Lifetime Pass member
    Linux n00b

• Try this.

Disable the plugin and Save the changes. Then enable the plugin and save the changes. This can take a long time to complete so be patient.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Try this.

Disable the plugin and Save the changes. Then enable the plugin and save the changes. This can take a long time to complete so be patient.

This has been done a few times to be honest, misc config changes and upgrading Plex manually caused me to turn it off and on. By Disable you mean forcefully through services or through the Plex WebUI? I mean will it move my DB to that folder?

OMV 3.0.76

Asus Z97, Intel i7-4770
    16gb Ram
    Corsair 550w PSU
    30gb SSD (OS)
    Linux n00b

• I mean in OMV GUI | Services | Plex Media Server | Settings as seen in this attachment.

I have done that, multiple times since the DB swelled up. So this time I've disabled the service, then I renamed the existing folder on the raid to plexmediaserver.old and moved it to a temp dir on the raid. I then enabled the service and now it seems to be writing the DB there? I'm guessing it's copying it so i'm going to let it sit for a while. If it's moving them, great. If not, I'll let it run for a week and make sure it's cool before cleaning up the system drive. Not sure why it did this before and why it didn't pick up on the existing DB when I rebuilt the bastard. But hey, no harm so far.

It moved the files to the raid, so now they are in the right spot. I'll monitor it and make sure it stays there. Who would have thought the stupid and easiest option would work. Dunno why it never caught on before, I've reset it several times.

OMV 3.0.76

Asus Z97, Intel i7-4770
    16gb Ram
    Corsair 550w PSU
    30gb SSD (OS)
    Linux n00b

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jhobe6678 ()

• Hi guys, sorry if this thread is a little old, but it's the exact same problem I had.

I found out after my transmission stopped all downloads because of "no space available" that Plex was using /var/lib/plexmediaserver instead the mergerfs directory.

I tried to put outside the mergerfs also, but it started give me (error=255) when launching the pms binary with "service plexmediaserver start"
    (The line with "/bin/sh -c ..." in the systemd file.)

Since i "had" to do a clean install uppon a lost of one of my drives, I will try again later today or tomorrow and edit this post.

I was almost going to virtualbox since this is the most problematic package ever, but I'm afraid of transcoding performance.

Greetings from Rio, Brazil.

I'll be back :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!