Mi R1D Safe Mode after try to flash OpenMediaVault

• Hi,

(Sorry for my bad english, i'm french)

I have a Xiaomi Mi R1D.

I look desperately has to install a firmware, other than a basic firmware on the NAS.
    I find that of step to see of tutoriel on that (there is the only one, but I did not even succeed, I find that it is not complete)

Anyway, I took the hard disk of the NAS and I put it in a computer. I made boot OpenMediaVault to install it on the hard disk, and naturally when it was necessary to detect a Ethernet card, it did not find it.
    After the installation, I put back the hard disk in my NAS and now it flash red.

I tried to put back the firmware miwifi but nothing.
    The hard disk always has the firmware OpenMediaVault.

Can anybody really help me has to install OpenMediaVault cleanly on my NAS?

Thank you in advance <3

• Well. I dont really understand what your question is. You cant install openmediavault to a router AFAIK. Its a router that can share a HDD over the lan. Same as some routers has a USB-port for sharing a USBdrive.
    I saw you can install some DD-WRT to that model. But apart from running stock router os. Not so much to do.
    Or again. Am I missing something?

• Well. I dont really understand what your question is. You cant install openmediavault to a router AFAIK. Its a router that can share a HDD over the lan. Same as some routers has a USB-port for sharing a USBdrive.
    I saw you can install some DD-WRT to that model. But apart from running stock router os. Not so much to do.
    Or again. Am I missing something

I formatted the HDD to EXT4. There is nothing left in the HDD.

How can I install dd-wrt? Or something else?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Unless you can install Debian on this device, you can't install OMV. I did a quick search and there is no one installing Debian on it. Installing on a different system and moving the drive will not work since your Xiaomi device has an ARM processor.

Sparx is correct. Installing alternative firmware on arm devices/routers is not something I would try unless you know what you are doing. You should get an Intel or AMD system if you want to install OMV.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thank you for your help.
    Here is what I was told on another forum:
    (Sorry, it's Google Traduction)

OpenMediaVault is an opensource application that turns Linux into a complete NAS (its direct competitor is FreeNAS based on FreeBSD).

However, since the R1D is not a PC, you already have to install a Debian and do not have R1D, I can not guide you but just give you roughly the procedure:
    * It will be necessary to identify the serial port allowing to acceder the bootloader of the router (equivalent of the bios on the pc).
    * Then it will be necessary to obtain a kernel for BCM4709 (to be found on the net or to compile from the mainline) and install a debian armhf in debootstrap on a USB key.
    * Connect to the serial port and access the bootloader (probably uboot) to boot on the key.
    * If debian starts correctly, then modify the bootcmd variables of the bootloader to boot to the usb key each time boot.
    * Next in debian, add the OpenMediaVault repositories and install it.
    * You can also take inspiration from the PlexServer tutorials for raspberry and then install it under debian.

Installation on a NAS (or whatever is embedded electronics) is different from the installation on a PC. What you installed on the hard drive is only for PC (x86) and not compatible with the R1D (armhf).

• Offizieller Beitrag

What they told you is correct. It is harder than it looks unless you are very familiar with these kinds of devices.

The problem is that I can not get the basic firmware back, so I'm a bit blocked..

Sometimes, the manufacturer has an image that you write back to the hard drive or some kind of hard reset procedure that will re-write content to the drive.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• What they told you is correct. It is harder than it looks unless you are very familiar with these kinds of devices.

Sometimes, the manufacturer has an image that you write back to the hard drive or some kind of hard reset procedure that will re-write content to the drive.

I'll try to see with the person who told me that.
    Thank you again for your help

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!