Add external Hard Drives

• Hi everyone!

I hope this is the right forum to post my question, if not, sorry in advance.

So, what brings me here is my incapability to add or view a hard drive I have connected to the same connection as OMV. The drives in question belong to a Seagate Personal Cloud 4TB (2 Bay) and I want to be able to see them and manage my files in there, through OMV.
    I've been searching everywhere for a solution to my problem, not only in here but google as well, but so far I've not been able to find something that could work. :/ Maybe I'm missing something simple, or maybe something's left to do (this is my first time working with OMV), but I just don't know where to go or where to look to solve this.

After the installation of OMV is done, what should I do to be able to detect those drives?

Thank you.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Your Seagate Personal Cloud is a NAS just like OMV. You can't manage the drives from OMV unless you connect them directly to the OMV system. You could create samba/nfs/ftp shares on the Seagate and mount those in OMV with the remotemount plugin.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

What about iSCSI?

There is no way to use iscsi in the OMV web interface.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Your Seagate Personal Cloud is a NAS just like OMV. You can't manage the drives from OMV unless you connect them directly to the OMV system. You could create samba/nfs/ftp shares on the Seagate and mount those in OMV with the remotemount plugin.

This worked perfectly! Thank you!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!