Backup externally with Amazon S3 "protocol"

• I was wondering if with OpenMediaVault is possible to backup the data externaly using the Amazon S3 protocol.
    We have a Backup "Cloud" Server that use this "protocol". Is it possible to do it with OpenMediaVault? Is there a plugin?

• Of cause it is possible (as in "everything is possible with Linux"), but so far I am not aware that anyone has implemented it. There is no plugin for now.

I will dive into the possibibilities of Amazon S3 in the next week, as I have some days off and can look into that. For now a scripted solution (no plugin) could work.

If you have any ideas how it should work, please feel free to write all your thoughts down here.

Everything is possible, sometimes it requires Google to find out how.

• What I learned so far from the interface, everything is already there from amazon and there is something like s3sync which is similar to rsync. It synces a folder to the cloud. That would be very easy to implement on a manual base and a cron job (which is most likely the starting point for now). Lateron a plugin could be usefull to configure credentials and plan the stuff.

Everything is possible, sometimes it requires Google to find out how.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!