Armbian keeps rebooting after kernel update

• After the last kernel update Bananian Armbian with OMV 3 keeps rebooting. After the first screen is displayed, there is ~1 min delay. Then "rebooting" message is displayed and everything starts all over again. Screenshots attached.

ARMBIAN 5.25 stable Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie) 4.9.7-sunxi // Banana Pi // OMV 3.0.62

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV shouldn't be causing that.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Sorry, I didn't fully understand this. The system is already self-rebooting after a minute or so (w/o displaying login screen). Is there a way to bring it back to normal?

ARMBIAN 5.25 stable Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie) 4.9.7-sunxi // Banana Pi // OMV 3.0.62

• Hi,

from Here

Common features
    [*]Debian Wheezy, Jessie or Ubuntu Trusty, Xenial based. Compiled from scratch,
    [*]Install images are reduced to actual data size with small reserve,
    [*]Root password is 1234. You will be prompted to change this password and to create a normal user at first login.
    [*]First boot takes longer (up to few minutes) than usual (20s) because it updates package list, regenerates SSH keys and expand partition to fit your SD card. It might reboot one time automatically.
    [*]Ready to compile external modules
    [*]Ethernet adapter with DHCP and SSH server ready on default port (22)
    [*]Wireless adapter with DHCP ready if present but disabled (/etc/network/interfaces, WPA2: normal connect or AP mode)

• I performed fresh OMV install from simplenas.com and ran all the updates. Now during the boot I get this message:

Code
    Feb 13 23:08:29 localhost systemd[1]: Starting udev Write the /dev/root link rules...
    Feb 13 23:08:29 localhost openmediavault-write_dev_root_link_rules[1189]: /lib/udev/openmediavault-write_dev_root_link_rules: 34: .: Can't open /lib/udev/rule_generator.functions
    Feb 13 23:08:29 localhost systemd[1]: Starting LSB: Set preliminary keymap...
    Feb 13 23:08:29 localhost systemd[1]: Starting LSB: MD array assembly...
    Feb 13 23:08:29 localhost systemd[1]: Starting LSB: Tune IDE hard disks...
    Feb 13 23:08:29 localhost systemd[1]: openmediavault-udev-write-dev-rule-link-rules.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=2/INVALIDARGUMENT
    Feb 13 23:08:29 localhost systemd[1]: Failed to start udev Write the /dev/root link rules.
    Feb 13 23:08:29 localhost systemd[1]: openmediavault-udev-write-dev-rule-link-rules.service: Unit entered failed state.
    Feb 13 23:08:29 localhost systemd[1]: openmediavault-udev-write-dev-rule-link-rules.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Should I be worried?

Sorry for a newbie questions, and thanks for all your time!

• OK ... Armbian is not my favorite but ....Who cares?

Install armbian ... (fresh) install

Code
    wget https://www.dropbox.com/s/ypz5pcz9xg3ce0a/omv-install-3.x.sh && chmod 777 omv-install-3.x.sh && ./omv-install-3.x.sh

Postfix: No configuration
    mdadm : none
    ProPTPD: standalone

dont use SanDisk Micro SD in this case (SONY or Lexar Works Fine )

Have fun

Special Thanks to @Wolf2000 for the great Script

• Hi Master,
    I have one question just before proceeding further with another round of reinstall and config - are you saying the the issue which I am facing is somewhat critical and will/may impact the stability of the system?

Thanks again

• ok, I did performed the steps as per your message, however I am not able to connect via web browser. I've tried the following, and now I get error 502 Bad Getaway.

• ARMBIAN 5.25 stable Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie) 4.9.7-sunxi // Banana Pi // OMV 3.0.62

• Also, what is the issue with SanDisk and kernel 4.8.* ? I use Transcend - do they also face this issue (I have not noticed so far)?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!