Upgraded from 2 -> 3 lost usbbackup and then had two

• I upgraded to 3.0 about a week ago and perhaps I did something wrong-- I am not sure. I noticed today that the usbback plugin was missing from the GUI so I installed it again. My config was lost but it was not a big deal since it was just 4 shared folders. I just set it up again with those 4 folders.

After plugging in the USB drive and letting the backup finish, I noticed the drive was not being unmounted. The daemon log in /var/log appeared to show two backups running at the same time. This was a bit scary. I unmounted the drive manually and began investigating.

I uninstalled the plugin and then unplugged and plugged my USB drive and I got the beeps for start/end of backup, and the logs showed a backup had run, so I had a "rouge" usbbackup running, if you define rouge as one the GUI is not aware of. The drive was unmounted correctly after it ran.

I found that "systemctrl --all" does not really show all the things that are installed and instead I needed to run "systemctl list-unit-files" which when piped through grep showed that I still had usbbackup installed, maybe the 2.x version?

# systemctl list-unit-files|grep usb
    openmediavault-usbbackup-7080f8c1c79c4b4ac4d05a289cc98795.service enabled

I then disabled it:

# systemctl disable openmediavault-usbbackup-7080f8c1c79c4b4ac4d05a289cc98795.service
    Removed symlink
    /etc/systemd/system/dev-disk-by\x2did-ata\x2dST8000AS0002\x2d1NA17Z_Z8409WB7\x2dpart2.device.wants/openmediavault-usbbackup-7080f8c1c79c4b4ac4d05a289cc98795.service

After that, I made sure the USB Drive was unmounted and unplugged/plugged it. No beeps and nothing in the log.

Now being confident usbbackup was really gone, I went back to the omv GUI and installed it again. I was then able to set up my 4 folders for backup and everything worked normally upon plugging the USB drive into the machine.

I just wanted to share this in case anyone ran into the same problem. Again, I am not sure if I did anything wrong, but I had a simple setup on wheezy with just the usbbackup plugin installed-- no other plugins.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!