Manual Install on Debian Jessie ERROR: "Failed to create the default configuration ..."

• Hi! I am attempting to do a manual install of Erasmus on Debian Jessie following the instructions from @ryecoaaron on Guide to install on Deb 8.x Jessie? . My Debian install went fine with some custom partitions. However at the end of running "apt-get install openmediavault" I got the following error message:

Can someone please tell me what I have done incorrectly and what can be done to address this error? Many thanks in advance!

3.0.56 (Erasmus) - OMV Extras 3 (Stable)
    AsRock Rack C72504DI
    64GB Crucial ECC Ram
    8x4TB WD40EFRX
    4X4TB HMS5C4040x
    Crucial 525GB SSD

• Offizieller Beitrag

cp /usr/share/openmediavault/templates/config.xml /etc/openmediavault/
    apt-get -f install

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• cp /usr/share/openmediavault/templates/config.xml /etc/openmediavault/
    apt-get -f install

@ryecoaaron as always, thank you for all of your help. here is the update after running "apt-get -f install"

did i do something else wrong? can you please tell me if you need more info from me to figure this out?

AsRock Rack C72504DI
    64GB Crucial ECC Ram
    8x4TB WD40EFRX
    4X4TB HMS5C4040x
    Crucial 525GB SSD

• Offizieller Beitrag

did i do something else wrong? can you please tell me if you need more info from me to figure this out?

I don't think it is something you did. Let me try an install on Debian and see if something is broken.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I have the same issue, it seems to be a problem with fresh installs of OMV 3.0.60. I followed the steps in the previous post and they didn't resolve the problem. Below is the output after having copied config.xml to /etc/openmediavault:

• Offizieller Beitrag

As a temporary fix, try this:

wget http://packages.openmediavault.org/public/pool/main/o/openmediavault/openmediavault_3.0.59_all.deb
    dpkg -i openmediavault_3.0.59_all.deb
    apt-get -f install
    omv-update

• Offizieller Beitrag

I can confirm this is a bug. There is no version being passed to the new migrate script and it fails. Should only affect installs on debian instead of using OMV iso. No problems upgrading to 3.0.60 after installing 3.0.59. Should be easy to fix. @votdev

• I can confirm this is a bug. There is no version being passed to the new migrate script and it fails. Should only affect installs on debian instead of using OMV iso. No problems upgrading to 3.0.60 after installing 3.0.59. Should be easy to fix. @votdev

@ryecoaaron thank you for helping me out with this. as usual, I would be screwed without you! @Bill Cornish thank you for checking as well. Hope that @ryecoaaron 's fix worked for you as well as it worked for me :)

AsRock Rack C72504DI
    64GB Crucial ECC Ram
    8x4TB WD40EFRX
    4X4TB HMS5C4040x
    Crucial 525GB SSD

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!