Problems after omv-initsystem

• Hi,

I'm confused. I installed OMV 3 on Debian 8. Here's what I get after omv-inisystem.
    When I type the ip address on a browser, the nginx default page appears instead of OMV !!

What I did wrong !

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

@votdev This is the 3.0.60 first install problem that you fixed on github already.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is available now.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi,

I reinstalled the whole thing but I still get errors ??? Starting to feel desperate !

Thanks for the help !

Code
    ERROR: Failed to create the default configuration: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/etc/openmediavault/config.xml'
    Code
    dpkg: error processing package openmediavault (--configure): subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1

Code
    W: mdadm: /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf defines no arrays.
    W: mdadm: no arrays defined in configuration file.

Code
    Errors were encountered while processing:openmediavault
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
  • I still cannot understand the reasoning behind running OMV on system with desktop.
    especially KDE.

omv 3.0.56 erasmus | 64 bit | 4.7 backport kernel
    SM-SC846(24 bay)| H8DME-2 |2x AMD Opteron Hex Core 2431 @ 2.4Ghz |49GB RAM
    PSU: Silencer 760 Watt ATX Power Supply
    IPMI |3xSAT2-MV8 PCI-X |4 NIC : 2x Realteck + 1 Intel Pro Dual port PCI-e card
    OS on 2×120 SSD in RAID-1 |
    DATA: 3x3T| 4x2T | 2x1T

• Offizieller Beitrag

Does that mean I can't install OMV now and I have to wait till 3.0.62 comes out !!!

No. Just install 3.0.59 first and then update.

wget http://packages.openmediavault.org/public/pool/main/o/openmediavault/openmediavault_3.0.59_all.deb
    dpkg -i openmediavault_3.0.59_all.deb

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Vl1969,

A I mentionned in an earlier thread, I'm a Windows guy.

But is your answer meaning yes or no? I wouldn't mind ditching Kde if that solves the problem.

neither :)

I am a sort of windows guy myself, sort of , because I have used windows for the last 35 years everywhere, and still use it at work. at home I had switched to Linux Mint on most of my PC.
    so I do understand running a desktop PC with GUI. even running server with GUI.
    BUT, OMV and other tools like it, are there to eliminate the need to run GUI on the server.
    with few exceptions you should be able to run your system using only the OMV webUI.
    now and than you may need to drop into CLI but that would be needed anyway. even on desktop setup.

if you are trying to test the thing use virtualization, otherwise do a minimal setup and run headless.
    OMV webUI + ssh CLI is all you should be needing for a nice NAS type OMV setup.

it have been discussed here numerous times that Desktop on the server creates compatibility issues with OMV. you might be getting yourself into trouble right now...

have fun though :)

omv 3.0.56 erasmus | 64 bit | 4.7 backport kernel
    SM-SC846(24 bay)| H8DME-2 |2x AMD Opteron Hex Core 2431 @ 2.4Ghz |49GB RAM
    PSU: Silencer 760 Watt ATX Power Supply
    IPMI |3xSAT2-MV8 PCI-X |4 NIC : 2x Realteck + 1 Intel Pro Dual port PCI-e card
    OS on 2×120 SSD in RAID-1 |
    DATA: 3x3T| 4x2T | 2x1T

• No. Just install 3.0.59 first and then update.
    wget http://packages.openmediavault.org/public/pool/main/o/openmediavault/openmediavault_3.0.59_all.deb
    dpkg -i openmediavault_3.0.59_all.deb

Sorry, but still the same problem with 3.0.62 here, also trying to install 3.0.59 does not solve it:

mdadm.conf defines no arrays
    no arrays defind in configuration file
    config.xml:1.1: Document is empty
    omv-mkgraph: 29: [: -eq: argument expected

Hope for some hint to fix the problem and many thanks in advance

• Offizieller Beitrag

This problem is probably being caused by a partially installed package. I would purge the openmediavault package and then install 3.0.59. I know this package works well.

• Thanks for your replies.

I succeded in installing OMV on headless debian.
    I guess that KDE was the problem giving me conflicts or whatever.

But now I have another issue that I'll be posting on a new thread.

Thanks again

• I am a sort of windows guy myself, sort of , because I have used windows for the last 35 years everywhere, and still use it at work. at home I had switched to Linux Mint on most of my PC.

Hi vl1969

Being on windows for so many years, (since de begining of windows) gives you the creeps when switching to headless.

But, hey ! I followed your advice and reinstalled Debian headless.

eep up the good work,

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!