Share working on llinux and android and not working on win7

• Hello all,

I have a OMV system use as a NAS.
    All was working correctly and after a restart I could not log on the NAS from any of my win 7 system.
    But could from ubuntu or android base system.
    I ve checked all I could find on the Internet but nothing worked out.
    I m a beginner and have very limited knowledge in both linux and OMV...
    I could doing a non obvious thing make it work again for few days but it went down again
    On all Win 7 I have a access denied because the password is not recognize but I set OMV to accept visitor without account witch is the case for linux and android...
    I m totally lost, since I have no clue on what could be helpful I ve added no data from OMV in the post, please ask what would you need to help me out.

Thanks for your time to help me out.

regards

• 1. Ensure SMB/CIFS service is enabled & running.

2. Ensure the WORKGROUP name in OMV and the Windows' clients are the same.

3. Check your user's permissions and credentials.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• If you have omv set tot accept visitors you should try to access those files without log in.
    If you still get access denied with that test, you should check what permissions you set on the files/folders you acces (are they granted visible for others?)

Edit: what tinh said (he posted just before I submitted my reply :) )

• Hi again,

I ve checked,

1/ SMB/CIF is enable, I m not sure how to be sure this is actually running.
    2/ workgroup is the same in both win and OMV
    3/ I ve reset all user permissions reset credential and this is the same server kick me out on windows and is ok on linux.

I must point the fact that I m a real beginner so there is a lot of things that I don t know how to do ...

thanks again for your time and patience...

regards,

• When you said you couldn't log into OMV on Windows 7, you meant the OMV web page, right?

Did you accidentally reset the OMV web gui password?

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

• Hella Tinh,

Sorry for the time to respond.

No I m not using ACL but just to make sure I ve reseted all permission and clear all ACL

Here is an output of the ls -la command:

Sorry I could not copy past text in putty.

Also I ve another question: what would I need as config file from OMV in case the HDD containing the OS of OMV is crashing to restore my RAID ? Can I download it via putty ?

Sorry to have so many basic question...

Again thanks for your help

• You posted the wrong directory.
    Post permissions of the share folder that you try to access on your Windows 7.

/media/UUID...../music....

UUID is a long characters like 54322abcd.....

You can install the Clonezilla from extras plugin as a backup, and follow its instructions to backup for your headless OMV.
    Or you can download Clonezilla ISO on the web and burn it to a CD or a flash drive, and clone the OS.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

• Sorry,

here is the output requested:

the two folder I m trying to access are Media and serie
    Thanks again and sorry for the misunderstanding but not easy .. Took me sometime to undestand from where I could find what was the UUID of my share.

regards,

• Hello all,

I m back with the same issue again... My permission looks right, I ve re created user and group again reset right clear acl check both OMV and Win has the same group (WORKGROUP). And still the same issue my share is working on linux and android without any problem but wont on win 7.
    Is someone has an idea on what I m missing?

Thanks for your time and help...

One more thing I m not very familiar with command line so if you ask me to do thing I would appreciate if you could be specific on how to do it.

• Have you try to disable your Windows 7 firewall?
    You can also test by enable DMZ mode on your router temporary see if your Windows 7 client works.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

• Have you try double check the user permission?
    Try reset the user password and remove the Windows 7 smb/cifs credentials from Control Panel, and try again.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

• I ve tried to reset to create new user same thing, not sure though how to remove credential in win 7

I must add that when I accessing the NAS from an ubuntu machine I use the same user and PWD and it works it is only on win7 machine that it s not working

regards and thanks

Edit: I ve found how to reset credential on win 7 and still the same

• Did you enter the share drive path like this on Windows 7?

//192.168.1.10/share

Another thing, ensure you check Network and Sharing Center in Windows 7 control panel that your Ethernet/Wifi profile is set to Private mode.

Some users mentioned this on a Windows forum.
    Add the below code to your smb.conf , and reboot your server, and Windows 7 pc.

Code
    smb.con file in your linux server (usually in /etc/samba/smb.conf) and add 

server signing = auto

Alternative solution.

Enter this command in command prompt: gpedit.msc and follow the below path to make change.

Code
    Computer Policy->Computer Configuration->Windows Settings->Security Settings->Local Policies->Security Options

Network security: Restrict NTLM: Outgoing NTLM traffic to remote servers ALLOW ALL

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!