PHP 7 on Nginx

• Hey there,
    is there a simple way to update my OMV setup to PHP 7.
    Due to the complexity of Nginx in combination with OMV (some thing from GUI will be written to files and you don't know where) I'm aware of "trial and error".
    Maybe someone of you has done the update and is now running a Nginx server (Nextcloud in my case) with PHP 7.

Have a nice day
    LouBen3010

• Offizieller Beitrag

is there a simple way to update my OMV setup to PHP 7.

Nope. OMV is very dependent on php5. A docker or a virtual machine is your only option with OMV 3.x.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

does this mean an OMV 4.x is still in very early development?

As far as I know, Volker is still actively developing 3.x and has not started any 4.x development. I assume OMV 4.x will be based on Debian Stretch (9.x) which uses php7 but that is most likely a long way off.

Why do you need php7? I know it is faster but nextcloud doesn't need it.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• As far as I know, Volker is still actively developing 3.x and has not started any 4.x development. I assume OMV 4.x will be based on Debian Stretch (9.x) which uses php7 but that is most likely a long way off.
    Why do you need php7? I know it is faster but nextcloud doesn't need it.

Just to answer the last question, because I'm running into the same problem - nextcloud dashboard email configuration needs php 7
    https://github.com/nextcloud/dashboard/issues/13

Cheers,
    Mike

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just to answer the last question, because I'm running into the same problem - nextcloud dashboard email configuration needs php 7

It didn't back then. That is why I asked. OMV 4.x is usable now and uses php7.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!