German:virtualbox und ZFS laufen nicht

• Hallo,

ich habe die Aktuellste OMV 3 auf einer VM als Test laufen. jdownloader, ssh Drucker Service upnp scheinen gut zu funktionieren.
    Nun wollte ich ZFS & Virtualbox testen, diese sollen irgend wann auch vollständig benutzt werden ...

ZFS lies sich nicht installieren,warum nicht hab da nicht ganz verstanden habt ihr evtl. im Moment Probleme mit den Paketen ?

Virtualbox hab ich installieren können, jedoch gibt es Probleme beim aktivieren:

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl start virtualbox-web 2>&1' with exit code '1': A dependency job for virtualbox-web.service failed. See 'journalctl -xn' for details

edit:beide plugins habe ich über die omv webgui installiert bzw. bei zfs es versucht.

Hat jemand diesbezüglich erfahrung ? Oder eine Lösung ? brauche da dringend Hilfe.

mfg
    omvNAS

• Offizieller Beitrag

As written in other threads, zfs and virtualbox modules do not compile with the 4.9 kernel. You need to revert back to the 4.8 kernel until Debian releases updates for those packages. I did compile a newer version of virtualbox (5.1.14) that works with the 4.9 kernel - search for that thread.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• As written in other threads, zfs and virtualbox modules do not compile with the 4.9 kernel. You need to revert back to the 4.8 kernel until Debian releases updates for those packages. I did compile a newer version of virtualbox (5.1.14) that works with the 4.9 kernel - search for that thread.

I have installed the 4.8 kernel. I blocked the 4.9 kernel by "apt-mark hold" command. Yesterday I tried to install the latest ZFS-package by WebUI "OMV-Extras" on the 4.8 kernel. During the installation of the ZFS package I saw, that the 4.9er kernel was tried to be installed in the background. But it failed because of the former "apt-mark hold".

Then I enabled the 4.9 package again and tried to install the 4.9 also by WebUI. It failed also and some dependencies to the ZFS package was reported. So it seems that the 4.9 kernel must be installed to be able to install the zfs package.

So my question is, how can I install the latest ZFS package with kernel 4.8?

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guess I need to remove the linux-headers-amd64 dependency since there is no 4.8 version of that package in the repo.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• so ihr lieben

i have install kernel 4.8, and zfs and virtualbox is working. thx

But i have other question, too.

is ZFS plugin for OMV stable ans performance as for FreeBSD ?

edit: first start on virtualbox come this:

Code
    This version of phpVirtualBox (5.0-5) is incompatible with VirtualBox 5.1.8_Debian. You probably need to download the latest phpVirtualBox 5.1-x.

See the Versioning section below the file list in the link for more information
  • Also ich möchte ZFS produktiv verwenden, da ich mir extra dafür die passende Hardware mit ECC-Support angeschafft habe. Zur Stabilität im Vergleich zu FreeBSD kann ich nichts sagen. Allerdings wird ZFS unter Debian 8 nun wohl offiziell unterstützt, so dass hoffentlich keine Probleme damit zu erwarten sind. Die Erfahrungen hier im Forum sind hier eher positiv, was ich so quer gelesen habe.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Offizieller Beitrag

Fixed in zfs plugin 3.0.8

apt-get -t jessie-backports install linux-image-4.8.0-0.bpo.2-amd64 linux-headers-4.8.0-0.bpo.2-all

Set 4.8 to default boot kernel in omv-extras Kernel tab

reboot

apt-get purge linux-image-4.9.0-0.bpo.1-amd64 linux-image-amd64

apt-get install openmediavault-zfs

This version of phpVirtualBox (5.0-5) is incompatible with VirtualBox 5.1.8_Debian.

This is just a warning. It still works. There is no phpVirtualbox 5.1.

• Hi omvNAS,

es kommt auf die Richtung an. Siehe folgende Beitrag im FreeBSD-Forum: Importing a ZFS-on-Linux pool to FreeBSD

Zitat:
    "You "should" be able to import the ZFS pool from the linux machine onto the FreeBSD with no problems. BUT, going the other way FreeBSD -> Linux may not work at all, since the dataset on FreeBSD is more "mature" than the linux implemtation"

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

• Offizieller Beitrag

"You "should" be able to import the ZFS pool from the linux machine onto the FreeBSD with no problems. BUT, going the other way FreeBSD -> Linux may not work at all, since the dataset on FreeBSD is more "mature" than the linux implemtation"

Good to reason to stay on Linux :)

• Ich möchte und werde wahrscheinlich auch bei debian bleiben, debian habe ich schon seit ca. 10 Jahren.

Good to reason to stay on Linux

--------------------------
    jedoch habe ich jetzt etwas anderes getestet, ich hatte OMV 3 auf einer VM am laufen wie oben beschrieben, virtualbox lief nicht wegen dem Kernel 4.9, mit dem Kernel 4.8 lief es danach. Alles ok.

Jetzt habe ich mal OMV 3 auf eine kleine SSD installiert und omv extra auch, dist upgrade gemacht und Kernel 4.8 gestartet jetzt läuft aber virtualbox trotzdem nicht , das ist sehr merkwürdig:

• also mit modinfo vboxguest oder virtualbox.service bekomme ich auch nichts rein da schein es wieder das selbe kernelproblem zu geben, habe spasshalber deshalb zfs versucht zu installieren, geht wieder NICHT.
    als auf der vm nach umstellung auf kernel 4.8 ging es, und jetzt fahre ich wieder mit kernel 4.8 und hab die selben probleme wie am anfang.

@ryecoaaron

u have remove some modul on kernel 4.8, yesterday ? since yesterday i have install omv again on ssd , but i have problems with kernel 4.8 again same problems as kernel 4.9

sorry for my bad english

• Offizieller Beitrag

u have remove some modul on kernel 4.8, yesterday ? since yesterday i have install omv again on ssd , but i have problems with kernel 4.8 again same problems as kernel 4.9

I haven't removed anything. Kernel modules are included in debian packages or compiled by the package itself.

• Offizieller Beitrag

can u say me , why kernel modul is not load again from kernel 4.8 ?

No idea. The zfs packages have an update (0.6.5.9) that will compile with the 4.9 kernel though. No need to update the plugin for this.

• Hi Aaron,

I had problems with your suggested sequence - I got errors - But nevertheless thank you for your help. So I decided to go back to an older Clonezilla image without any zfs installation.
    These were my steps to get zfs installed finally:

1. Purge 4.9 kernel
    apt-get purge linux-image-4.9.0-0.bpo.1-amd64 linux-image-amd64

2. Install 4.8 kernel again
    apt-get -t jessie-backports install linux-image-4.8.0-0.bpo.2-amd64 linux-headers-4.8.0-0.bpo.2-all

3. Set 4.8 to default boot kernel in omv-extras Kernel tab

4. reboot

5. Tried to install the zfs-plugin 3.0.9 from WebUI => Failed - message "some broken packages zfs.zed...."

6. "Apt-Clean" from WebUi and a second try to install zfs-plugin from WebUI -> Same error message

7. apt-get dist-upgrade
    8. omv-initsystem
    9. apt-get install openmediavault-zfs
    This time the ZFS-package was correctly installed - no error message at all.

P.S. Could you please take a look at the following thread ShellInABox - Create Link for SSH-access without Links-plugin? Thank you.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

• so hallo erstmal

ich weiss jetzt was los war, hatte immer 4.8 ausgewählt war auch komplett installiert aber beim löschen vom kernel 4.9 hat apt-get die header kernel datei von 4.8 auch mit gelöscht warum auch immer, vor 2 tagen durch zufall gesehen installiert , lief gleich.

heue habe ich virtualbox mit pci passtrough in gang bekommen, läuft auch ohne probleme. werde jetzt dem nächst ein paar benchmark machen ....

DANKE euch beiden

@ryecoaaron thanks for u help

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!