PlexPy doesn't run automatically

• Hi

I tried to install PlexPy on OMV 3.0, but it never starts automaticallly.

I checked the /lib/systemd/system path and there is no plexpy.service as suggested in this explaination:
    https://github.com/JonnyWong16…ripts/init.ubuntu.systemd

Edit: I got rid of the error somehow. To use Plexpy I have to run "python PlexPy.py" everytime in /opt/plexpy otherwise it doesn't work. The Service listens on port 8181 (as far as I know the standard port).

It seems the launch routine of it is broken (same everytime I reinstall the whole thing).

Any suggestions on what I could try to do?

Kind regards
    Daniel

• Hello,

There are 2 options here

#1.
    Create init.d startup script for PlexPY
    https://github.com/JonnyWong16…/wiki/Install-as-a-daemon
    Look in Ubuntu section, should be the same for debian

Regarding this one:

I checked the /lib/systemd/system path and there is no plexpy.service as suggested in this explaination:
    github.com/JonnyWong16/plexpy/…ripts/init.ubuntu.systemd

Clone GIT, you will get all content

OR ALSO SEE THIS:
    How to install PlexPy on Debian 7.x (Wheezy)

#2.
    Create cron job (via OMV WebUI) with those parameters and run after reboot

cd /opt/plexpy
    python PlexPy.py

I recommend #1., you just need to google a bit :)

@EDIT
    I don't use PY by myslef, but if you found it useful go with it!

Debian 8.6 Jessie + OMV 3.0.latest Kernel: Linux 4.8.0-0.bpo.2-amd64
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400@3GHz
    Memory: 4GB RAM
    OS-HDD: Samsung SSD 120 GB +LVM

Full media and download center configured.

BIG and special thanks for OMV-Extras team for great plug-ins (especially: TeamSpeak, VirtualBox, Sonarr, Radarr, and rest I use :))

------------------------------

Wise guy don't know everything, he can search or ask!
    Don't ask me via PM!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von kawu2 ()

• I used the OMV Plex Plugin to enable PlexPy.

This created a SystemV style init script at /etc/init.d/plexpy and it starts automatically at boot.

I did the above on my OMV 2.x installation prior to upgrading it to OMV 3.x which might explain why a systemd script was not made.

Mine listens on port 8182.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any ideas?

systemctl enable plexpy

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• systemctl enable plexpy

don`t work for me, so I looked into the

/lib/systemd/system/plexpy.service

and there was

ExecStart=/opt/Tautulli/Tautulli.py --quiet --daemon --nolaunch --config /opt/Tautulli/config.ini --datadir /opt/Tautulli

wich ist obviously wrong. Because in /opt/ is only plexpy and no Tautulli. I guess OMV missed the new Tautulli path.

After Changing all path and user in pleypy.service I could start with:

systemctl daemon-reload
    systemctl start plexpy.service

But I had no webinterface. And no clue why it doesn`t work.

root@OMV:/lib/systemd/system# systemctl status plexpy.service● plexpy.service - Tautulli - Stats for Plex Media Server usageLoaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/plexpy.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)Active: inactive (dead) since Sun 2018-04-29 17:48:02 CEST; 5min agoApr 29 17:48:00 OMV systemd[1]: Starting Tautulli - Stats for Plex Media Server usage...Apr 29 17:48:02 OMV systemd[1]: Started Tautulli - Stats for Plex Media Server usage.

So I am using also a cron job in OMV.
    python /opt/plexpy/PlexPy.py

It is a bit disappointing to use workarounds. Then I dont need Plugins.
    But maybe someone with more knowledge could help out.

Thank you.

• isn't plexpy deprecated? I think that now you should install Tautulli

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• With the openmediavault-plexmediaserver 3.8.2 plugin on OpenMediaVault 4.1.14-1 I encountered this same issue. I enabled Plex, ticked the 'install' and 'run' PlexPy toggles, and saved the configuration. Some time later, Plex was running, PlexPy appeared to have installed, but hadn't started.

I checked the /opt directory, and it was indeed /opt/plexpy instead of /opt/Tautulli as the service control file at /lib/systemd/system/plexpy.service was expecting. I changed the paths to /opt/plexpy, changed the user and group to plex and did

systemctl daemon-reload
    systemctl enable plexpy
    systemctl start plexpy

but still couldn't see it on port 8182. So I checked the config file /opt/plexpy/config.ini and http_port is set to 8181, so I instead tried that port and it works. So it looks like a few things are being missed ;) Hopefully it should now work without any further manual intervention.

Edit: I was also getting an "ImportError: No module named pkg_resources" error when the plexpy service started working, so I did an apt-get install python-pip && pip install setuptools to fix that one (maybe I could have done apt-get install python-setuptools instead?)

• Tautulli in a docker is a better solution. Plexpy is deprecated, so you won't get any updates.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!