rsync advanced options include/exclude problem

• (english part below)
    Hallo Zusammen,

mich plagt gerade ein Problem, ich habe ein Raidsystem und die Paranoia schlägt zu, ich will ein externes Backup.
    Nun ist ein Raid meist größer als die zur Verfügung stehenden externen Platten. Wie habt Ihr das gelöst...
    In meinem Fall habe ich leider die größe der Verzeichnisse nicht vorher geprüft... ich habe mit rsync das Verzeichnis "A" das anscheinend 1.2 TB groß ist versucht auf eine 1 TB externe Platte zu spiegeln, was logischerweise nicht (vollständig) klappen wird...
    nun sind alle Unterverzeichnisse bis "ST*" auf der 1 TB Platte angekommen an war Schluß...

Wie krieg ich nun den Rest auch auf eine zweite Platte (ohne einen neuen Raid verbund aufzumachen?)

Vielen Dank für Euere Tipps und Anregungen...

And in english - sorry for any errors ;)

today I have a new problem - I would like to backup my data from my raid volume to external hdd's. I didn't check the folder sizes before and used rsync to get folder "A" to the external hdd-1... so it happened that "A" is about 1.2TB and the external hdd is only 1TB - so rsync stopped as the hdd was full... all folders "A" to "ST*" have been copied to the external hdd.
    So now my question is, how to get the "missing" folders starting with ST* to a second external hdd without bildung a new Raid volume for that drives...
    Thanks for your help and comments...!

Ok, found out the maybe the exclude option could help me with my problem...
    but it showed that this isn't easy at all...
    I tried to use the advanced options of rsync to enter my exclude but it failed...
    maybe someone can help me with that??

I entered: "- [A-SS]*/"
    and it should exclude any directory that starts with "A" to "SS" ..... but it doesnt...

then I tried: --exclude="- [0-SS]*/"
    and that worked better but still not perfect... It excludes all folders starting with "S" not only the ones with "SA" to "SS"...
    how can this be done?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Parador ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!