NextCloud Installation Q & A

• Can you ls -la /etc/php5/fpm/pool.d and post the directory listing? I suspect you have no conf for that fpm pool.

It's not difficult to create one but I'd be concerned as to why it's not there in the first place, is there other things with the install which is broken.

I'm not so sure the permissions script will ameliorate the issue with no unix socket/fpm pool configuration for nextcloud, HOWEVER, I don't use that software and am just troubleshooting based on some experience with web development.

To be sure, your install won't work until that .sock file appears, along with the correlating conf in fpm/pools.d . I'm just not sure if that was supposed to happen automagically or if you missed a step in the install (I haven't had more than a cursory glance at this guide)

• Your vhost & permissions config are fine.
    Like the others said it could be your PHP pool config is missing or misconfigured.
    Step 1e is for the PHP pool config.
    Double check the guide or re-install NextCloud.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• @drinks2go

Code
    ls -la /etc/php5/fpm/pool.d
    total 36
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root  4096 Aug 25 12:39 .
    drwxr-xr-x 4 root root  4096 Aug 26 13:21 ..
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root   351 Aug 25 12:39 openmediavault-mysql-management-site.conf
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  1384 Jul 17 08:55 openmediavault-webgui.conf
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 18324 Feb  8  2017 www.conf

@tinh_x7 I went through step 1e and noticed I am missing: description field. Also my fields for max post and max upload were different. After changing those I was able to access nextcloud installationi process. However when I entered mysql root password and create admin and clciked finish installation after a minute or so I got:
    This site can’t provide a secure connection
    ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Please note, I didn't enable ssl since in the tutorial it said: "Note: It would easier to begin the setup with HTTP than HTTPS. After the installation is done, you can change it to HTTPS, and use Let's Encrypt for your encryption if you want."

• That's a progress.
    Max post and max upload aren't matter in this case.
    These parameters let you define your upload max size files.

Turn off the HTTPS option in the vhost config, and reload the nginx service.
    After you have NC running like it suppose to, then you can re-enable HTTPS if you have the SSL certficate.

Change this
    fastcgi_param HTTPS on;

to
    fastcgi_param HTTPS off;

Then run:
    sudo service nginx restart

Note:
    For Clarification: the NextCloud vhost codes are set with HTTPS ON by default in my installation guide.
    Ensure to set HTTPS off in the vhost codes like above example if you not use SSL.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• I used the docker image linuxserver/nextcloud and the default parameter to arrive at step 7b, but I can't get through to build MySQL, do I need to install MySQL, Nginx and Redis as suggested in Step 1a or other steps to complete the installation?

• Hi, first of all thanks for the nextcloud tutorial - it worked perfectly, at least until yesterday :)

I had it running for a month now and yesterday I ran into timeouts while uploading data into the cloud. After a restart I got a "bad gateway" error, when checking the error log I got this, see below. (sock failed no such file or directory)

I tried to fix it myself but unfortunately I am not used to work with linux. I didnt change permissions updated nextloud.

Any help is highly appreciated!

Code
    2017/09/20 23:47:55 [crit] 6366#0: *14 connect() to unix:/var/run/fpm-34c7e7c6-933e-424b-97ee-8b5c99892767.sock failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream, client: 217.225.220.92, server: , request: "GET /status.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/fpm-34c7e7c6-933e-424b-97ee-8b5c99892767.sock:", host: "nas.XXdeletedXX.net:443"

I might add that i dont find a "fpm-34c7e7c6-933e-424b-97ee-8b5c99892767.sock" file in var/run/

• Hello,

After upgrading to omv 4.0.5-1, i have a 502 bad gateway error on the http and https nextcloud web access.

My OMV webaccess is working fine.

I've the same error as dazzil

I already restarted nginx and MySQL

OMV 4.0.14-1
    omvextrasorg + Deluge + MiniDLNA + MySQL + Nginx + Nextcloud 12
    Pentium G4600 | Asrock H170M-ITX/AC | 4Go DDR4 | 120Go SSD + 6To RAID5 | Kolink Satellite | 400W Lepa

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Duff ()

• My problem was very strange but I solved it: Reason for timeouts and php errors was caused by one mobile nextcloud app, which created so many logins that somehow the server went down. After reinstalling the app and clearing the bruteforce table of nextcloud, nextcloud is running fine again.

• hi i tried to install the plugin according to the manual
    but it stopped at the first step :(

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# apt-get install php5-curl
    Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
    Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut.
    Statusinformationen werden eingelesen.... Fertig
    Package php5-curl is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source

E: Package 'php5-curl' has no installation candidate

can somebody help me with this issue?

i tried also to update and upgrade but this was also not working

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are you using OMV 4.x?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Your repos must be wrong. What is the output
    of:

cat /etc/apt/sources.list
    apt-get update

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• apt-update

Code
    -bash: apt-update: Kommando nicht gefunden. (command not found)
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Your repos look ok but I had a typo in my other command. It should be apt-get update

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!