NextCloud Installation Q & A

• You guys have same error.
    Check your Nginx and pool config again.

OMV, and Nextcloud have their own sockets.
    Don't modify the socket if you don't know what you're doing.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• Hi guys. Trying to install NC on my OMV. After following the great guide of 'tinh_x7' I am stuck with the "502 bad gateway" problem. I have checkd, rechecked and checked again all steps, but still can't find any solution, so any help to try a workaround is more than welcome.

Some info, hope it can be usefull to help me:

Code
    /dev/sdb                                  linux_raid_member RaspuMediaVault:Superalmacen (in use)                      cb0bcea9-2673-35e5-e098-9106193943f3
    /dev/sda                                  linux_raid_member RaspuMediaVault:Superalmacen (in use)                      cb0bcea9-2673-35e5-e098-9106193943f3
    /dev/sdc                                  linux_raid_member RaspuMediaVault:Superalmacen (in use)                      cb0bcea9-2673-35e5-e098-9106193943f3
    /dev/sdd                                  linux_raid_member RaspuMediaVault:Superalmacen (in use)                      cb0bcea9-2673-35e5-e098-9106193943f3
    /dev/sde1                                 ext2                           (not mounted)                                 12614073-455f-43c3-a39c-25c2fffef6c8
    /dev/sdf1                                 ext4                           /                                             303c2f57-6b8f-4738-b49a-88fa21f9e160
    /dev/sdf3                                 ext4           Descargas       /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Descargas              7ce6ec96-2d5f-43e1-a7ed-ff4c5e76598a
    /dev/sdf5                                 swap                           <swap>                                        3ca6f28d-0f8f-40d1-bd4a-cccd89c1f2aa
    /dev/md0                                  ext4           SuperAlmacen    /srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-RaspuMediaVault-Superalmacen b5361ba7-a4a2-4203-9ed2-13a998514539

• I assume you using OMV3.
    Ensure the nextcloud ownership is www-data:www-data and using the correct socket.

Use HTTP to see if it works before enforcing HTTPS.

Check out this links: https://help.nextcloud.com/t/502-bad-gateway-nginx/19138

https://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?t=34491

https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/14187

https://www.datadoghq.com/blog…d-gateway-errors-php-fpm/

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

• I solved my problem by commenting out the following line in nginx config (/etc/nginx/sites-available/zzz-omv-nginx in my case) for Nextcloud:

Code
    fastcgi_param HTTPS on;

And the following in /etc/nginx/nginx.conf:

Code
    ssl_protocols TLSv1 TLSv1.1 TLSv1.2; # Dropping SSLv3, ref: POODLE
    ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on;

Hope it helps somebody else.

• Thanks! I will check and come later with my answer in case it works.

I solved my problem by commenting out the following line in nginx config (/etc/nginx/sites-available/zzz-omv-nginx in my case) for Nextcloud:

Code
    fastcgi_param HTTPS on;

And the following in /etc/nginx/nginx.conf:

Code
    ssl_protocols TLSv1 TLSv1.1 TLSv1.2; # Dropping SSLv3, ref: POODLE
    ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on;

Hope it helps somebody else.

It looks as an easier solution, at least to try. I will check and post my results. I have never used nginx before, so I really need to learn a lot.

• By default, my Nginx codes have HTTPS enabled.
    SSL protocols should already included in the Nginx vhost, not sure why you need to add them manually.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

• by the way... have everyone test the nexcloud configuration with this therd on omv3 and update it to omv4? :rolleyes:

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• Hi guys,

I’m wondering whether I should install NextCloud following the guide or running it in a docker container. A docker container seems safer to me, as in not screwing up my OMV installation.

Are there any advantages installing it following the guide over using a docker?

• As long as you follow the installation guide, you should be fine.
    Backup your OMV before try it.

I like install it directly rather than configure in Docker.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

• Hey, iam on step 7)b when i should create admin user and connect to database. When i fill it and send it i got error " ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE" and then i got redirect loop and i can do everything again. What should i do?
    THX

• I still getting ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECt. Can you write me some steps?
    So i need to first create admin user in mysql database. I don't need to create database? How then i fill columns in the database part (mariaDB). Ok i login in to OMV MYSQL and i should add user give him name and password? (in which database).

• Btw when i join over phone it works but over web browser getting these errors. When i open it with this adress/login?redirect_url=/apps/files/ i got option username and password but button for sign up not work clicking and nothing do but over phone or client it works only over browser not

• what should i check and where i can find it? I folowed your guide. I think problem isn't with database if i can join over Clint/Mobile but over browser it's not working i tried differents browsers or anonym mode. I using ngin

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!