NextCloud Installation Q & A

• Okay i updated to omv4 today. Now i have the problem that i can´t start nextcloud.

I have no answer why i can´t start Nextcloud.

At first. I installed nextcloud unter OMV3. I make no changes if i updated to omv4. Maybe during the update the MYSQL database changed to MariaDB.

I saw in omv4 dashboard a green point at Mysql. In NGINX I dont´t see any problems. Maybe there are some other changes.

If i started nextcloud in my browser nothing happens. I saw only the ip adress and a white tap.

Maybe someone from you may have a solution.

Thanks a lot

Djang43

• I have it working under OMV v4 and i don't remember doing anything different as the tutorial.
    The only thing i did, was importing my old mysql DB, because i did a complete new installation.
    Check your mysql/mariadb with mywebsql and maybe check your systemlogs (mysql/mariadb/php7/nginx)

• @br41n

Okay I see at mywebsql that the database changed into mariadb. I started with sql.

I am not sure how i can change my database. Also i am not sure what i have all to check. Maybe it´s better to make a new installation ?

One quuestion more. Did you work with php7 or php5.

Thanks for your answer

Django43

• On OMV v4 you only have php7.
    If you have your old mysql DB you can try to import it in OMV on the plugin page.

Or else, redo everything.
    Instead of the php5 packages you have to look for their php7 versions, there are some differences in package naming.
    Install these:

Bash
    apt-get install php7.0-curl php7.0-gd php-apcu

if you use redis then:

Bash
    apt-get install php-redis

the rest should be the same as told in the tutorial

• @'br41n

Thanks a lot for your response. I do the steps in your post before. Now I get another error:

I don´t understand waht it means. Why my modules are "PHP-Module wurden installiert, werden aber als noch fehlend gelistet?". Where i have to list the modules. Maybe I make some mistakes.

Maybe someone of you could help me.

Thanks a lot

Django43

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why my modules are "PHP-Module wurden installiert, werden aber als noch fehlend gelistet?". Where i have to list the modules. Maybe I make some mistakes.

apt-get install php7.0-zip

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• @tinh_x7

At first: Thanks a lot for your Installationsguide and your help.

I saw your list on page 12 and make all this steps, but I get the message above, because I don´t install the last step (apt-get install php7.0-zip). Maybe (I don´t knew) you have to take this step also in your list.

Thanks a lot

Django43

• Hi,

stupid question for all linux Gurus but not for me:

Which config.php you are talking about at this step:

is it the one located here:

Code
    /srv/dev-disk-by-label-data/www/nextcloud/config/config.php

Thanks for help

• @tinh_x7 -- >Thanks for answer.

Yesterday i managed to synchronize contacts and calendar between IOS/Outlook and Nextcloud but i can't download or upload any files.

While trying to download one of the example pictures i got this error:

Code
    file_get_contents(/srv/dev-disk-by-label-data/www/nextcloud/data/Mirko/files/Photos/Coast.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory at /srv/dev-disk-by-label-data/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/Local.php#209

Than i checked if directory exists and found out that this is missing :

Code
    files/Photos/Coast.jpg

This is how it looks at my Server:

Code
    root@openmediavault /srv/dev-disk-by-label-data/www/nextcloud/data/Mirko > ls -la
    insgesamt 24
    drwxrwxr-x+ 3 www-data www-data 4096 Okt 18 21:47 .
    drwxrwx---+ 9 www-data www-data 4096 Okt 19 10:47 ..
    drwxrwxr-x+ 2 www-data www-data 4096 Okt 19 19:06 cache
    root@openmediavault /srv/dev-disk-by-label-data/www/nextcloud/data/Mirko >

If i try to upload a file i only get a small hint which tells

Code
    forbidden

Can somebody please help?

Br

EDIT: Solved by changing path to data directory at config.php.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Epo_Deluxe () aus folgendem Grund: Problem solved

• Hi all,

after i manage to fix my problem with file/data upload and download i switched on "HTTPS" at NGINX Server config.

But now i have the problem that if i try to connect via Browser (Chrome/Firefox) it allways ends with:

Code
    400 Bad Request

The plain HTTP request was sent to HTTPS port
    nginx/1.6.2

if i try it a second time within the same window it's working and Nextcloud website is opened.

NGINX config:

Do i need to configure something else?

Best regards

• need a little help on step 7 when i enter the ip and port i just download index.php.

i've tried both the http port and htpps port, i have also added setup-nextcloud.php to get a 404 page.

any idea what might be wrong?
    thanks

• I suggest use HTTP on your initial setup, then turn on HTTPS after that.
    However, you need to turn off HTTP in the vhost config in your initial setup like I described from previous post above.
    Whatever port that you setup in Nginx, use that port number.
    i.e: http://local.ip.address:port#

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!