NextCloud Installation Q & A

• Hi and thanks to you for your how to.

I'd like to know if there were any possibility to install nextcloud as a subwebsite like "https://myomv/nextcloud" (where "https://myomv" is the main OMV webui) instead of open a port or configure a subdomain.

Someone already tried ?

• You can install it as a sub directory.
    The vhost codes are a little different, you have to do a little modification.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• You can install it as a sub directory.
    The vhost codes are a little different, you have to do a little modification.

Can you explain a little more how you can do that please ?

I've
    just tried to create a website dedicated to nextcloud via the nginx
    plugin with your settings but unfortunately it doesn't work.

You wil find below my nextcloud vhost conf.

Thanks for your help.

• Try this, in your current vhost config, change these two codes order, and restart your Nginx service.

Edit: I've updated the vhost codes in the tutorial.

From line 56, & line 57 (yours maybe different).

Code
    include fastcgi_params;
    fastcgi_split_path_info ^(.+\.php)(/.*)$;

to:

Code
    fastcgi_split_path_info ^(.+\.php)(/.*)$;
    include fastcgi_params;

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

6 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• Your vhost is incorrect.

Why you don't setup like the instructions written?
    Why it has to be in sub-directory?

I'd like to configure nextcloud in a sub-directory to avoid to open many ports in my router. It works if I configure it with a subdomain (cloud.mydomain.com) but I haven't a payed domain where I could define a DNS Zone (just a DynDNS domain which points to my dynamic public IP). That's why I asked you if it were possible to configure nextcloud in a sub directory like mydomain.com/nextcloud where mydomain.com points to the main OMV Webui.

Sorry if I was not clear in my first post.

Thanks for your help.

• I have got the same issue!
    Any clue how to fix this?

Gesendet von meinem MHA-L29 mit Tapatalk

Hi !

I'm just finding the workaround by analysing logs of the nextlcoud android app via logcat. It's a bug in the HTTP library of the app. If you want to pass out that, you have to comment or delete in your vhost conf the following lines (both at the begining and at the end of the conf) :

Code
    add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=15768000;
    includeSubDomains; preload;";

Here my vhost wich works with android app :

Have you try this?

It's in the config.php
    'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://<your server name>/cloud',

When I'm using a subfolder configuration, I can't access to the install wizard, get a 404 error page. Now my issue with the Android app is solved, I will try to make it work this afternoon.

• Regarding the 404 error page, the solution that I posted above work for Android users from GitHub.
    If you comment or remove the add_header Strict-Transport-Security....., you may receive a security warning in your NC log.
    This issue so far has reported only on Android devices.

Have you try it?

You can test with the OC codes that I posted on page 1, and added the 'security header to it' to see if you receive the same error.

Code
    add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=15768000;
    includeSubDomains; preload;";

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

• You're right, I had a security warning in my nextcloud admin panel but now errors are gone !

The config format was the real issue !

HSTS headers have to be written in a single line in the vhost conf to work with android app !! (It drives me crazy...) :

Code
    add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=15768000; includeSubDomains; preload;";
  • Interesting.
    Android so picky, huh...

So, if you're an Android users, and you using a sub domain, and the header security codes are in two lines, then you get that error.
    The original vhost config has two issues, but now it's been fixed.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

• Hi thank you for your awesome guide.

I am really new in using Linux and your guide helped me a lot. I came from xpenology to omv and xpenology was easier to use. As I was reading the thread I saw your FileRun post and I really like it. I was wondering if you could also write a guide how to install FileRun on omv or use its docker.

Thanks a lot

Ludwig

• hi,

as i am a Linux noob I have a nother question.
    i installed the extrenal storage plugin on NExtcloud but when i open it it says SMBclient is not installed.
    I also have a External Harddrive formated in NTFS connected over USB and i would like to have access over NExtcloud on it.
    How can i bind That External HDD in to NExtcloud.

Thanks for the Help

• Enter this command in Putty:
    sudo apt-get install smbclient

Then restart your Nginx:
    service nginx restart

Regarding your external drive, not sure if NTFS works with NC, but you can try to mount it as local storage.
    If not, then you need to copy the data somewhere temporarily, and convert it to ext4 format.

Code
    In the Folder name field enter the folder name that you want to appear on your Nextcloud Files page.

In the Configuration field enter the full filepath of the directory you want to mount.

In the Available for field enter the users or groups who have permission to access the mount. By default all users have access.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• @pichimoo when you need a smb connection you must install smbclient in a comandline or with a apt tool plugin but i hav test it and find out it need many resauces.
    I have linkt my local data foulder with /media/UUID/fouldername. It's the best solucion for me

Edit: i was on page 4 and dont see se answer of tinh_x7. but it is the same ;)

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!