NextCloud Installation Q & A

• Is there a problem with NextCloud 12 cause in my administrator page it doesn't propose me any update?

make your updatechannel to beta.... reload page ... update ... and change to stable

Note that we do a staged roll-out: only 15% of the users on Nextcloud 11.0.3 on the Stable release channel currently receive an update notification for Nextcloud 12. If you wish to update with the updater even though there is no notification, you can set the channel to beta, reload the page and proceed to upgrade. After the upgrade set the channel back to stable!

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• For whatever reason you can't update it via the Updater, you can download and update it manually too.
    I think I wrote the instructions in the Installation Guide or check out NextCloud admin guide.
    Ensure you backup your current NC folder before you update it manually.

like this:

1. Stop Nginx service

service nginx stop

2. cp -r nextcloud nextcloud_backup

3. download & copy the new files to your current NC folder.

ensure to add a '.' at the end.
    cp -r nextcloud-12.0 nextcloud/.

4. service nginx restart

5. go to your NC homepage and start the upgrade.

6. done.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• Thanks to all. I updated manually.

I have a noob question :
    When I go in putty and type: nano /etc/php5/fpm/php.ini
    I have then different text lines, but I don't understand how to copy and paste these lines:
    opcache.enable=On
    opcache.enable_cli=1
    opcache.interned_strings_buffer=8
    opcache.max_accelerated_files=10000
    opcache.memory_consumption=128
    opcache.save_comments=1
    opcache.revalidate_freq=1

I am not familiar with Linux and I am a bit lost...

If someone could help me please.

Thanks.

Guiz

Envoyé de mon SGP612 en utilisant Tapatalk

• Ok I know that. But where do I have to paste it?
    Because there is a lot of text.
    Have I to paste it before :
    ; Local Variables:
    ; tab-width: 4
    ; End:

Sorry to ask... and thanks in advance.

• Paste the codes at the end of the file is faster and convenience rather than change line by line.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• Hello,

After checking tinh_x7's tutorial, I started to sepup NextCoud, step by step.

But I don't understand the 1e point:

• We first create in OMV Web GUI interface the directories www and www/nextcloud witch www-data rules
      OK for this point.
    • We tried to connect to redis to chekc if we could connect.
      Then, which witch username and password?
      How access to "MyWeb SQL" (only openmediavault-webgui is enabled)?
    • We apt-get install some packages (wget, zip, unzip, php5-curl redis-server etc.)
    • Where fond the NnginX tab?
    • For me, the disk are accessible in /srv/dev-disk-by-label-[NAME]/www/nextcloud/

Do you have an issue for bolded questions, please?

• Offizieller Beitrag

But I don't understand the 1e point:

You need to install the Nginx plug-in. After you have installed it you will find an Nginx entry in the left side of the OMV GUI. Go there and creat the Nextcloud-Pool.

You also need to install the MySQL plug-in. You can set the password for MySQL in the plug-in. Log in to MySQL with username: root and the password you have set.

• You need to install the Nginx plug-in. After you have installed it you will find an Nginx entry in the left side of the OMV GUI. Go there and creat the Nextcloud-Pool.
    You also need to install the MySQL plug-in. You can set the password for MySQL in the plug-in. Log in to MySQL with username: root and the password you have set.

Thank you, it's working :).
    I have a new problem.

After setup Nextcloud, I have this message:
    "
    An error occurred during a connection to 192.168.1.151:8090. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length. Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

La page que vous essayez de consulter ne peut pas être affichée car l’authenticité des données reçues ne peut être vérifiée.
    Veuillez contacter les propriétaires du site web pour les informer de ce problème."

When I'm trying in SSL, I have this message from Nextcloud:
    "
    You are accessing the server from an untrusted domain.
    Please contact your administrator. If you are an administrator of
    this instance, configure the "trusted_domains" setting in
    config/config.php. An example configuration is provided in
    config/config.sample.php.
    Depending on your configuration, as an administrator you might also be able to use the button below to trust this domain."

What please can I do :(?

• you must do step 9b perhaps with the port number.

used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• Hello, i just installed NC and was trying to setup the caching. Were do i find the config.PHP. Is it the one from NC self?

Hello,

I'm not sure but I fond this:

Bash: php.ini
    /usr/share/php5/php.ini-production.cli
    /usr/share/php5/php.ini-production
    /usr/share/php5/php.ini-development
    /etc/php5/fpm/php.ini
    /etc/php5/cli/php.ini
    /etc/php5/cgi/php.ini
    /etc/openmediavault/php.ini

After enables these value in /etc/openmediavault/php.ini (and reload nginx), I have again these messages (maybe like you):

Zitat von Nextcloud
    • The "X-Frame-Options" HTTP header is not configured to equal to "SAMEORIGIN". This is a potential security or privacy risk and we recommend adjusting this setting.

• The PHP Opcache is not properly configured. For better performance we recommend ↗ to use following settings in the php.ini:opcache.enable=1opcache.enable_cli=1opcache.interned_strings_buffer=8opcache.max_accelerated_files=10000opcache.memory_consumption=128opcache.save_comments=1opcache.revalidate_freq=1

These lines are present in NGinx (Website) plugin:

Code
    add_header X-Frame-Options SAMEORIGIN;
    add_header X-Content-Type-Options nosniff;

Do you please know what we have to do :) ?
    Thank you very munch!

• Hello,
    I'm not sure but I fond this:

Bash: php.ini
    /usr/share/php5/php.ini-production.cli
    /usr/share/php5/php.ini-production
    /usr/share/php5/php.ini-development
    /etc/php5/fpm/php.ini
    /etc/php5/cli/php.ini
    /etc/php5/cgi/php.ini
    /etc/openmediavault/php.ini

After enables these value in /etc/openmediavault/php.ini (and reload nginx), I have again these messages (maybe like you):

These lines are present in NGinx (Website) plugin:

so to complete step 8 I need to edit the php.INI from openmediavault?

Also thx for the xframe solution ^^

• Hello, i just installed NC and was trying to setup the caching. Were do i find the config.PHP. Is it the one from NC self?

yes it was in the yournextcloudfolder/config/config.php

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!