NextCloud Installation Q & A

• Hi Folks

New to OMV myself after running XPenology on a N54L for a while, I too have spent a few nights trying and googling some sort of guide to install NextCloud via Docker on OMV 4.

Anyone got any tips or knock up a bit of a guide? I've even left a comment for Techno Dad Life too! I just cant get it to run.

• Your guide didn't really work step by step for OMV4 & NC 13, but it is referenced in many posts from my research so good on you for your comprehensive work. The wider community has benefited greatly!!

I've managed to get it all working using a combination of sites and info, i will try and detail below, i am no expert in linux but have been a hobbyist for some time, so please feel free to correct or question anything, but this is what worked for me. Hope these breadcrumbs may help someone else.

1. Install OMV and plugins as per Techno Dad Life -

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

2. Install PHP7 and related packages

Code
    apt install php7.0 libapache2-mod-php7.0 php7.0-common php7.0-gd php7.0-json php7.0-mysql php7.0-curl php7.0-mbstring php7.0-intl php7.0-mcrypt php7.0-imagick php7.0-xml php7.0-zip

3. Install Nextcloud and config/prep in OMV as per section from - http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/OpenMediaVault

4. Somewhere in the NC setup, i had to log in as admin user, but it didn't work. Tried creating a new "nextcloud" user in mysql and granted permissions, still didnt work. In the end, found somewhere to login as "omvadmin" for initial NC login when creating the databases etc. and it worked a treat.Cheers everyone, keep up the good work and communications!

• 3. Install Nextcloud and config/prep in OMV as per section from - http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/OpenMediaVault4.

4. Somewhere in the NC setup, i had to log in as admin user, but it didn't work. Tried creating a new "nextcloud" user in mysql and granted permissions, still didnt work. In the end, found somewhere to login as "omvadmin" for initial NC login when creating the databases etc. and it worked a treat.Cheers everyone, keep up the good work and communications!

nice, sound good! Maybee i give it a try.
    The Link has no copntent? -->There is currently no text in this page.....

I hope we will se a updated guide for OMV4 & NC 13 :)

• I fixed the link up in my previous post, not sure where the number 4 came from at the end.

I'll paste the info below just incase.

• Since update to 13.0.4 I get

by security-check of nextcloud. My nginx-setting looks like this:

all the headers the security scan claims not to be set are set, so whats wrong with it?

Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought.
    It always defeats order, because it is better organized.
    Terry Pratchett

• here's my working version:
    you need to adapt server_name to your domain. And in contraty to your settings gzip is enabled.

• By default, Nextcloud version 13.x already setup it's security configuration in .htaccess and php.
    So check your header security options with a web developer tool or by using an online service such as https://tools.geekflare.com/tools/x-frame-options-test and check if you get something like x-frame-options SAMEORIGIN, SAMEORIGIN
    If so, the directive was setup twice and you have to remove it from your site Nginx configuration, just put an # at the begging of the script above...
    Bye

• Stramm: my config looks similar to yours, I could fix my problems by uncommenting the entire first block, line 3-8, since they are mentioned twice (review to the block line 79-99)

Security Scan gives me now an A+ with all topics checked green.

Terry Pratchett

• Random post here...lol.. I cant be bothered going back through all the pages...lol

I have a working installation of Nextcloud in Nginx on omv3 and omv4. I had to fix the Extra Options code.
    From memory I had to remove the line below as its listed twice.
    add_header X-Frame-Options "SAMEORIGIN";

I think there was some other things I fixed too, it was a while ago..lol

Let me know if anyone would like me to post some of my notes/fixes.

Baldman :)

• Removing

Code
    add_header X-Content-Type-Options nosniff;
        add_header X-XSS-Protection "1; mode=block";
        add_header X-Robots-Tag none;
        add_header X-Download-Options noopen;
        add_header X-Permitted-Cross-Domain-Policies none;
        add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=15768000; includeSubDomains; preload;";

from the top of my configuration gives me a positive check on nextcloud security scan online, but my nextcloud instace now complains the missing headers. So which one is right? What would be the correct setting?

Terry Pratchett

• Hey guys,
    the tutorial is great, it's actually all I need for my personal use as a newbie on all of this, thanks to all who put so much effort in that and in answering all these questions.

I hope you can help me too finding the root problem, I can't get NC setup starting. I followed the tutorial here, but NC setup won't start, it shows me:
    404 Not Found
    nginx/1.10.3

The error message I get, I couldn't copy from OMV GUI (how is that done?). So here is one of the errors in the log from nginx - servers:

Repro steps:
    - OMV 4.1.3 installed, is now updated to 4.1.8.2-1
    - OMV port: 80, no SSL activated yet, so no certificates and stuff
    - followed the tutorial
    - did it over and over, activated nginx first, then did the configurations of pool and server
    - nginx port: 90, no SSL activated

Questions:
    - the sharedfolders config done as told in 1c of the tutorial leads to weird looking path in nginx - servers - path field. Is that correct and intended by the tutorial? Because I always read about "media/..." but I cant't find that on my OMV.

- if not correct, where could I do a different setup?

thanks a lot, for helping me troubleshooting this.

cheers!

• hello,

I think that error meant incorrect socket or PHP-FPM option.
    Double check your socket setting in the vhost config.

Try this:

Replace fastcgi_pass $socket with fastcgi_pass /run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock;

service nginx restart
    service php7.0-fpm restart

Regarding the NC installation path: '/media' is for OMV3.
    OMV4 is like your screenshot: /srv/dev-disk-by-label....

I can't update the tutorial due to the long instructions.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• Regarding the NC installation path: '/media' is for OMV3.

OMV4 is like your screenshot: /srv/dev-disk-by-label....

Wow, great to hear, so that at least this is correct.

I fiddled around in this Q&A and found one of your posts, saying to try the owncloud configuration. With that configuration in place, I can call the NC setup.

Is that explainable? ?(

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!