VirtualBox ERROR

• Hi Guys,

Have installt the VirtualBox plugin but i cant enable it.. get this error: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl start virtualbox-web 2>&1' with exit code '1': A dependency job for virtualbox-web.service failed. See 'journalctl -xn' for details.

Hope you can help me..

best regards
    MrYoshii

Nas Build:

CPU: Intel Core I5-4570
    MB: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI
    RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport Arbeitsspeicher 8GB
    Power Supply: Be quiet! BN140 System Power 7 300Watt
    HDDs: 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001, 120GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD System Drive, 2x 2TB Western Digital Green HDD
    CASE: Fractal Design Node 804

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you are using the 4.9 kernel, the virtualbox module will fail when trying to compile. You either have to revert to the 4.8 kernel or use my virtualbox packages. Both are covered in other threads.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• If you are using the 4.9 kernel, the virtualbox module will fail when trying to compile. You either have to revert to the 4.8 kernel or use my virtualbox packages. Both are covered in other threads.

Hello ryecoaaron,

I've checked several sources and read a lot about OMV3 & VirtualBox but I'm a bit stuck right now.
    I've planed to replace one of my Syno (412+) by an OMV instance. So far, OMV 3.0.64 is installed and configured, NFS/CIFS and iSCSI have been tested properly by now I need to have VBox up and running as my 3rd Proxmox cluster node is a VM hosted on my NAS (only used for quorum purpose).

I've so far tried to install openmediavault-virtualbox plugin running 4.8.0-2-grsec, 4.8.0.0-bpo & 4.9.0-0.bpo with no luck. Each time I try to enable it it fails with:

Kind of error message (and complaining about missing headers during installation too).

As 4.8 (bpo and not) and 4.9 bpo are not solving the problem, could you point me to the specific thread(s) where you explain how to install (and where to get) your VB packages ?

Thanks a lot in advance !

OIivier

• but the next issue appears – anyway phpVirtualBox seems to run well
    ================
    This version of phpVirtualBox (5.0-5) is incompatible with VirtualBox 5.1.14_Debian. You probably need to download the latest phpVirtualBox 5.1-x.
    See the Versioning section below the file list in the link for more information
    ================

2x OMV 3.0.64 / 64bit / i7 2600K + E3-1245 v5 / Kernel 4.9 / omv-extras 3.4.22

• Offizieller Beitrag

but the next issue appears – anyway phpVirtualBox seems to run well

This is just a warning. There is no version 5.1 of phpvirtualbox.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Great job votev, ryecoaaron, tekkb and all active guys ... excellent work done !
    Now after testing a lot as a user I am very pleased by OMV3 !
    Thank You !!!

Peter

2x OMV 3.0.64 / 64bit / i7 2600K + E3-1245 v5 / Kernel 4.9 / omv-extras 3.4.22

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!