[SOLVED] MyWebSQL Login Problem

• Just don't install the phpmyadmin package from the Debian repos. You will have to have the root password problem worked out to get phpmyadmin to work since it needs to create a database to install. Can you login with mysql -u root -p?

Yes I can login to mysql with root password over ssh. I can execute the queries, see the tables and rows. Don't have problem with the actual database and login.

The problem is to login over web user interface MyWebSQL. Because I don't want to work always over terminal.

This kind of interfaces like phpmyadmin or mywebsql are more effective. I don't use db only for the services running on omv but also for some other purposes like my homepage or my web applications.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G928F mit Tapatalk

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8
    OMV 2.2.13 (Stone burner) - Debian GNU/Linux 7 (wheezy)
    Kernel: Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64
    Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU G1610T 2.30GHz
    Menory: 4GB RAM

Nothing is difficult. The impossible just takes time.

• Just don't install the phpmyadmin package from the Debian repos. You will have to have the root password problem worked out to get phpmyadmin to work since it needs to create a database to install. Can you login with mysql -u root -p?

Yes I can login to mysql with root password over ssh. I can execute the queries, see the tables and rows. Don't have problem with the actual database and login.

The problem is to login over web user interface MyWebSQL. Because I don't want to work always over terminal.

This kind of interfaces like phpmyadmin or mywebsql are more effective. I don't use db only for the services running on omv but also for some other purposes like my homepage or my web applications.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I wasn't suggesting using the command line all the time. I know the web interfaces are more effective. I was just curious if the root password worked there. Since it does, that is even stranger that mywebsql doesn't work. But, it means install phpmyadmin will probably work.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I hope so. :)

• And that's it. I installed phpmyadmin with the help of ryecoaaron's guide in this thread about phpmyadmin. It works wery well. I definitely suggest using phpmyadmin to the people who has a problem with MyWebSQL like me. And by the way it doesn't have to be the mysql db but also mariadb. It's more performant somewhere.

Thank you again guys (although we couldn't still find the reason why MyWebSQL doesn't work. :) but that's ok). :thumbup:

• Hi there,

I had the same issue as ridvan34 every time I installed the MySQL-plugin after changing the root password (which I usually do as soon as the mysql server is running). It drove me crazy and nobody seemed to have a solution...
    This time I tried some very easy hints from the MyWebSQL-site:

For the file ‘config/auth.php’:

define(‘AUTH_SERVER’, ‘localhost:3307’);

For the file ‘config/servers.php’:

$SERVER_LIST = array(

‘Localhost MySQL’ => array(

‘host’ => ‘localhost:3307’,

Since I'm still using the standard port I changed the "localhost:3307" to "localhost:3306".

After doing that I rebooted the server and was able to access MySQL via MyWebSQL again (with the new password) :thumbup:

I don't know whether the settings above were actually necessary at all but in my previous attempts to use the plugin I never succeeded - despite rebooting the server on a regular basis.
    Just thought this experience could help.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!