SSH Connection dying.

• Ok, So here is my problem. Clients are able to upload to my server for a while and then they get connection reset by remote machine and when they try to reconnect it says connection refused. I have a dell poweredge 840 with hot swapable drives. 2.2.13 Stoneburner Intel Xeon CPU x3230 @ 2.66GHZ and linux 3.2.0-4-AMD64.

I have the nic set to WOL and if I reboot the machine then they are able to connect again and start uploading files. Am I missing a setting somewhere? If I login via the network (I.P. Address) the webgui comes up and so it seems that the WOL is working for internal connections, but not external. Is there maybe something I can install via the command line or something like that to keep the server alive? I have attached a summery of my system.

I really try not to bug y'all since I know you have more important things to do, but I am at my wits end on this. Any help would be appreciated.

• Things I have already tried.

Made sure the onboard nic was set to wol or not going to sleep.
    A new added on nic card.
    Updates to the software.
    No monitoring in other words SMART not enabled.

One thing I notice is the machine seem to go to sleep and I have to hit the space bar to wake it up. Not sure how to turn that feature off.

• Ok. I have disabled and re-enabled the SSH. Please forgive my ignorance. What I.P. Address would go in hostname? The external or internal I.P.? And I don't know what putty is.

BTW in case I forget Thank You for the help. I don't ever want someone to think I don't appreciate it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!