• Shouldn't you able to turn off that email notification from OMV menu?

I still want notifications, I only don't want to recieve them for logging in

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• The login notification on mobile device is a security feature.
    In case somebody hacked into your server.

I don't get log-in notification when I logged in at home, only when it's remotely.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• The login notification on mobile device is a security feature.
    In case somebody hacked into your server.

I don't get log-in notification when I logged in at home, only when it's remotely.

exactly. I only log- in from home!

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• Offizieller Beitrag

Maybe this is a good starting point to contribute to the project. For me this is low priority, but if the feature is contributed i will have a look on it to integrate it. Currently there are really more important issues. I know that others, like you, may have a other opinion about disabling login notifications, but i see them as a security feature. If you do not like the emails, then create a email filter to redirect them to trash.

• I would

Maybe this is a good starting point to contribute to the project. For me this is low priority, but if the feature is contributed i will have a look on it to integrate it. Currently there are really more important issues. I know that others, like you, may have a other opinion about disabling login notifications, but i see them as a security feature. If you do not like the emails, then create a email filter to redirect them to trash.

I would love to help me with the code. It's a while since I did it, but I don't think that adding a toogle is over my ability :)

• Maybe this is a good starting point to contribute to the project. For me this is low priority, but if the feature is contributed i will have a look on it to integrate it. Currently there are really more important issues. I know that others, like you, may have a other opinion about disabling login notifications, but i see them as a security feature. If you do not like the emails, then create a email filter to redirect them to trash.

I would like to contribute a fix to the S.M.A.R.T. problem that I am having. It's really annoying that whenever I try to open that page, I cannot reboot my NAS without crashing it because it hangs for some reason. Any idea how I can do that votdev?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any idea how I can do that votdev?

Are you on 3.0.64? I thought he fixed it.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Are you on 3.0.64? I thought he fixed it.

Yup. I'm on 3.0.64. Next weekend I'm going to be replacing the one USB3 external drive that I have right now with two USB3 external drives that I am going to set up in a mirror raid. I am not sure if trying a different set of disks will solve the problem, but I doubt that it will.

• It would be nice to see plugins for kvm/lxc/lxd with omv4. If this could get true, I wouldn't need proxmox anymore.

At the moment I am really happy with my omv3 setup. It is very stable. By the way, I use omv3 in my productive home environment for about one year now. With a little update break at omv3.0.13 because of the big code change. I don't use many plugins, only:

- clamav,
    - zfs and
    - docker (only for emby).

I installed vdr (debian vdr 2.0.3 is to old, so I can't use the omv-vdr-plugin) and fhem on the command line.

Keep up the good work, no need to stress for omv4.

But there is still one question. Why is omv3 still beta? :)

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• I think the majority of users having problems are using an RPi and/or have problems with plugins not really OMV core. I am also happy with OMV3 and don't need anything newer.

Nope. My RPi2 runs perfect since 3.0.3x++
    it runs 24/7 with PMS, netatalk, ssh, Jdownloader, Pimatic, motioneeye and pi-hole. idle: 15-50% cpu, 30-60% mem ;)

• Debian 9 will be released the 17th june :D

• Yes, but wheezy has LTS support until may 2018 and jessie until may 2020. So nothing to yield stress. ;)

https://wiki.debian.org/LTS

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Offizieller Beitrag

Debian 9 will be released the 17th june

Volker has always said he would not use a .0 release.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I think that this discussion about bleed edge OS is pointless. 95% (maybe 99,5%) want a good and stable OS. We don't care to get the Debian 9 now In one year+ we can discuss this in a different base.

One note. Openmediavault is not android phone or Windows desktop.

• I think that this discussion about bleed edge OS is pointless. 95% (maybe 99,5%) want a good and stable OS. We don't care to get the Debian 9 now In one year+ we can discuss this in a different base.

One note. Openmediavault is not android phone or Windows desktop.

While I agree with you, it's somewhat confusing that OMV3 is still considered a beta release even though it seems that that's what most people are using at this point. Shouldn't OMV3 finally be announced as a stable release so preliminary work on OMV4 can begin? Yes, it's going to take a while to get it working, but that's fine. That's why OMV3 took so long, so why not OMV4 as well?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!