• Hi votdev
    I would wait longer to have peace

It really doesn't matter when he decides to start working on it. By the time a stable OMV4 comes out, Debian 10 will likely be just around the corner in the same way that Debian 9 is just about to release now that OMV3 is finally about to come out.

• The official release of OMV3 is now planned for 12 or 13.06.2017

Hi Volker,
    My experience with OMV is limited to V2.x. I never had to upgrade from V1.x. What's the upgrade path from an earlier version to the latest stable release; will you make official upgrade instructions available at a later point?

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

I never had to upgrade from V1.x. What's the upgrade path from an earlier version to the latest stable release; will you make official upgrade instructions available at a later point?

omv-release-upgrade upgrades to the next version. There is no skipping versions. So, you can do 1.x -> 2.x -> 3.x. I would rather install fresh though.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• omv-release-upgrade upgrades to the next version. There is no skipping versions. So, you can do 1.x -> 2.x -> 3.x. I would rather install fresh though.

I am actually on 2.x. Are there caveats for upgrading rather than doing a fresh install? I prefer not having to re-configure all settings from scratch.

Cheers

• I am actually on 2.x. Are there caveats for upgrading rather than doing a fresh install? I prefer not having to re-configure all settings from scratch.

Cheers

A major release upgrade is always a good starting point to setup an os from scratch in my opinion.

Check if the plugins you are using are compatible to omv3. Maybe you can make a backup of your system disk and try it. If it doesn't work you can get back to omv2 and setup omv3 if you have a little bit more time.

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• The official release of OMV3 is now planned for 12 or 13.06.2017.

very happy for this news, and I'm using it since 3.0.30!
    Joke: You should have called it 3.1 just because it's the first official stable, even if it's wrong name convenction wise ;)

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• hello to all firends omv !
    the date is out for omv4 please?
    Case i wait for an omv4
    signed of rodrigue7800 :) :saint:

We speak a French language but a bit novice English
    Because I am hearing-impaired a dyslexic problem. Thank you respect :) :):thumbup::D

• Offizieller Beitrag

There is no date for OMV 4. OMV 3.x was just released a few days ago. I wouldn't wait. I would use OMV 3.x.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there even an experimental build of OMV 4 at the moment?

Yes but it is dated and there are really no plugins available for it. I don't see a point in even trying it.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Is there even an experimental build of OMV 4 at the moment?

What is your point to use such an experimental build while omv3 got stable some days ago? I only want to understand your point of view. ;)

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Yes but it is dated and there are really no plugins available for it. I don't see a point in even trying it.

What is your point to use such an experimental build while omv3 got stable some days ago? I only want to understand your point of view. ;)

Greetings Hoppel

Okay, I was just curious. I certainly do not want to use it, but I was curious about whether it would be worth playing around with it in a virtual machine just for fun. I guess I will wait.

• Main development will be done on OMV4, but a stable release will take some time and not before Debian 9.1 or 9.2.

How is the development going? Would be nice to run my NAS on Debian 9 since it already has the 4.11 kernel which is strongly recommended for my Ryzen Server.

OMV 4 - Ryzen 7 1700 (8 Cores / 16 Threads 65W TDP) - 32 GB DDR4 ECC
    128 GB OS SSD - 256 GB Plex SSD - 32 TB RAIDZ2 (6x8TB HGST NAS)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Would be nice to run my NAS on Debian 9 since it already has the 4.11 kernel which is strongly recommended for my Ryzen Server.

You don't need Debian 9 to run the 4.11 kernel.

• Offizieller Beitrag

could you please provide more information on how to run the 4.11 kernel in Debian 8? I have a need to upgrade (I assume only the kernel) to support my new USB Tuner device

ZFS Plugin (ZoL upgrade possible?)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!