• Just read that the new version will be called 4.0 :D
    can't wait to see what important things will come with it :D
    P.s. I hope for debian 9 and for the possibility to disable the log-in notification

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I was hoping for a lot of theory craft :( I nearly never use facebook, I didn't know about that page :D
    The only vice that I don't understand is "Evaluate WebUI unit test frameworks" :( does it mean that we'll have a new webui?

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• Offizieller Beitrag

for the possibility to disable the log-in notification

Of all the things to wish for, you list this? :D

Hope the migration from OMV3 to OMV4 is less hassle than OMV2.

It should be since they are both systemd. Part of the difficulty upgrading OMV 2 to 3 was going from sysvinit to systemd.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Sound good.
    I did a fresh OMV3 installation, but it's a lot of work.

Here's my plug-ins wishlist for OMV4:

- Emby
    - Plex
    - Let's Encrypt
    - dnsmasq
    - pxe
    - fail2ban
    - PHP 7.0

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guarantee php7 will be there.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I would prefer to get an official, solid rock stable release of OMV 3 before talking about OMV 4. It took me a lot of time to migrate from OMV 2 to OMV 3 - and this process is still ongoing.

So hopefully I can avoid to migrate another time in the near future.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Of all the things to wish for, you list this? :D

It should be since they are both systemd. Part of the difficulty upgrading OMV 2 to 3 was going from sysvinit to systemd.

I really hate recieve 3 messages on telegram every time I log-in with smartphone, or 1 every time i log-in with computer!
    Of course I want the support to the important plug-ins like plex, auto shutdown, emby, ecc.

I would prefer to get an official, solid rock stable release of OMV 3 before talking about OMV 4. It took me a lot of time to migrate from OMV 2 to OMV 3 - and this process is still ongoing.

I think that work on debiban 8 is nearly a waste of time since it's so outdated. Also I had only one crash in 3 months (and because I have an h170 motherboard) so I think that is already really stable.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think that work on debiban 8 is nearly a waste of time since it's so outdated.

Outdated? Debian 9 hasn't even been released. Having older, trusted, maintained packages is the key to stability. A NAS really shouldn't need bleeding edge libraries. If you do for a particular app, that is where Docker shines.

• I usually log-in to check update.
    I don't get the example with iCloud. My nas is in my home, and it's not reacheble from outside. So I'm the only person able to log-in in it.
    I can get that someone would want to recieve a notification, for that I suggested to insert a toggle so can everyone can choose.
    I created a topic about that here: Disable notification if I log in from an other device

• Shouldn't you able to turn off that email notification from OMV menu?

I would prefer to get an official, solid rock stable release of OMV 3 before talking about OMV 4. It took me a lot of time to migrate from OMV 2 to OMV 3 - and this process is still ongoing.

I agree.

Many users still struggle with OMV3.
    For me, I'm happy with OMV3 right now, take your time for OMV4 development.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• Offizieller Beitrag

Many users still struggle with OMV3.
    For me, I'm happy with OMV3 right now, take your time for OMV4 development.

I think the majority of users having problems are using an RPi and/or have problems with plugins not really OMV core. I am also happy with OMV3 and don't need anything newer.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!