How do I update Java from 1.7 to 1.8.

• Hi, I'm having a little trouble with some plugins for Minecraft. They are suggesting I should update java to version 8. I can't find a way to do the in either McMyAdmin or OMV. Can I just download an update from Oracle and FTP to Root and copy the files to the relevant directory? :/

• You can use every Guide that for installing Java 8 on Debian that matches either Debian Wheezy (OMV 2.0) or Debian Jessie (OMV 3.0) ;)

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Ok... well I'm still trying to do this... I found a guide that say to do this:

Code
    su -
    echo "deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/webupd8team/java/ubuntu xenial main" | tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/webupd8team-java.list
    echo "deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/webupd8team/java/ubuntu xenial main" | tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/webupd8team-java.list
    apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys EEA14886
    apt-get update
    apt-get install oracle-java8-installer
    exit

Will that do the trick?
    Regards
    Brett

• Well it worked for me too... for a while... But now I have serious errors relating to Java. McMyAdmin will not accept logins. It's reporting errors as:
    "Authentication servers are down. Please try again later, sorry!
    Console : [17:34:15 ERROR]: Couldn't verify username because servers are unavailable"
    This would lend someone to believe it has something to do with the Minecraft authentication servers. But it's definitely a local issue and it's related to a java installation fault.
    This is some of what the McMyAdmin console shows when you type "/version"

So.... anyhow, could someone walk me through a proper Java 8 installation please? I don't know much about linux or debian.

• chente

Hat das Thema geschlossen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!