SMB and LDAP - Stoneburner

• Hello!

So I've been trying to set up an OpenMediaVault server using LDAP to provide authentication for a Samba share. However, any time I try to set this up, it refuses to authenticate. The builds have been straight-off of a debian wheezy install.

• I've tried installing without configuring LDAP in debian, and only doing so in the application using the openmediavault-ldap plugin. Once the plugin is installed and configured, I can see my LDAP users, but no SMB access is available (both from local users or LDAP users, even when a share is set to read/write by all)
    • I've tried installing by first configuring LDAP authentication/recognition in Debian. Before setting up the plugin, I can read SMB shares when authenticated as a local user, but LDAP users do not work. Upon installing the plugin, no users can access the SMB shares.
    • I've tried manually replacing the passdb directive in the smb.conf file on the machine to use ldap as the backend (e.g. passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://ldapserver.example.com), as well as adding appropriate ldap suffix entries. If I try to save/restart samba in OMV, the directives were overwritten, and when I manually reset the samba service, samba would start thrashing CPU and never complete starting up.
    • I've tried adding the directives as advanced options in OMV, and saving/restarting services (bearing in mind the original passdb directives would also be present). After doing this, the SMB server was also CPU thrashing, and never appeared to start up.
    • I've tried dong both the Debian LDAP configuration as well as installing the plugin, but could not authenticate either as local users or LDAP users when running SMB.

The only resort I can think of at this point would be to set up LDAP configuration on the debian level, and write something to sync /etc/passwd with the LDAP DB so that OMV can treat LDAP users as local (with a time delay for how frequently /etc/passwd and possibly /etc/shadow syncs with LDAP. Anyone else run into this issue, or have some ideas how to get SMB and LDAP to play nicely together in OMV?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!