real ffmpeg on OMV 3?

• Hi,

One of the main reasons I'm experimenting with OMV 3 is that I thought that the real ffmpeg (not avconv) was on Jessie. Is that not the case?

I found a reference on Stack Exchange to ffmpeg being available on a backport in Jessie. The only backport I see in OMV 3 is Proxmox which I don't want to mess with. I'm not clear on how to reference another backport or whether it's a good idea anyway. Is there some other clean way to get ffmpeg?

Thanks,
    Mark M

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes, it is in jessie-backports - search here or use the command apt-cache policy ffmpeg

apt-get install ffmpeg will install.

By the way, proxmox is not in backports. If you are referring to the button in omv-extras, that button just installs the proxmox kernel.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• Thanks ryecoaaron!

If you have a minute, would you tell me how to use the jessie-backport you referenced in omv? I will use the apt* commands you gave me, I'm just curious. Know nothing about it, obviously.

In any case, thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

How to use jessie-backports? Not sure what you are trying to do.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!