VMware: OMV preconfigured virtual machines

• I have uploaded 3 preconfigured virtual machines for VMware.

On all machines root password is "root" and the default admin password is "openmediavault".
    They are bridged VMs and the network interfaces inside of OMV are set to DHCP. They are 64 bit fedaykin 0.4.27. I have tested the machines and they are in working order.

1) Download Link
    2) Uncompress the files with 7-zip (download here: http://www.7-zip.org/download.html) to VMware Images folder
    3) Start VMware Workstation/VMware Player or go to you vCenter
    4) Open the folder of the uncompressed OMV Volder in VMware
    5) If asked, answer "I copied" the virtual machine
    6) Run the VM

OMVbase: has 6TB virtual system disk and 10TB virtual disk as the data disk.
    OMVbasIT: only difference is data disks which are 5x4TB virtual disks for testing RAID and what not.
    OMVbasITR5: Same as OMVbasIT, but now the disks are already configured in a RAID5 with LVM on top and ext4. Also it has already a CIFS public share ready to play around with.

You can download the images here:
    https://sourceforge.net/projec…files/vm/VMware%20images/

PS- 3rd Party Plugins are already installed.

Everything is possible, sometimes it requires Google to find out how.

• We have lots of downloads of the image. Can someone who used it please share the experience, if they work or not? We had some other post, where we could not figure out, what the problem was.

Thanks
    Ser

• I downloaded the OMVbase_64 and extracted the 7z, imported into my ESXi (5.1.0.1021289) server, added it to the Inventory and started it and got the follow message.

Failed to start the virtual machine.
    Module DevicePowerOn power on failed.
    Unable to create virtual SCSI device for scsi0:0, '/vmfs/volumes/4ac227e1-35929ac6-8d86-00218651acc5/OMVbase_64/OMVbase_64_boot.vmdk'
    Failed to open disk scsi0:0: Unsupported or invalid disk type 7. Ensure that the disk has been imported.

Is there another setting that is needed???

• Okay, as I created the VMs with VMware Workstation you cannot simply import them into ESXi. You need to run VMware converter on them.

Better solution would be to use the OVF version I put up.

VMware_OMVbasITR5_ovf.zip

To avoid confusion, I will remove the existing VMs and create all of them as OVFs, so that they can get imported as vAppliance in any of the VMware Platforms.

I used the above Image to import it into ESXi without any problem. Simply select from the vSphere Client that you want to import from OVF. Then select the file provided and you can startup the machine. I will provide extensive instructions how to import those OVFs as after I created them tomorrow.

Greetings
    Ser

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!