Plex server not working after plug-in update

• Hello,

I just performed an update of my plexemediaserver plugin and it's now not connecting. When I try to activate/deactive it in the OMV UI, I get the following error :

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; update-rc.d 'plexmediaserver' disable 2>&1': update-rc.d: error: no runlevel symlinks to modify, aborting! update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing

I tried rebooting OMV but no luck, the server is still missing.

What can I do ?

Just when my wife was about to start watching the last episode of her show... :(

Thank you.

• Hello,

There are 2 things you can do.

1. Uninstall and purge plexmediaserver and openmediavault-plexmediaserver, then install it again.
    2. Look in startup script, runlevels, permissions etc. (I believe here is your problem)

But as plex setup is quick and easy I would just reinstall it completely.

Debian 8.6 Jessie + OMV 3.0.latest Kernel: Linux 4.8.0-0.bpo.2-amd64
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400@3GHz
    Memory: 4GB RAM
    OS-HDD: Samsung SSD 120 GB +LVM

Full media and download center configured.

BIG and special thanks for OMV-Extras team for great plug-ins (especially: TeamSpeak, VirtualBox, Sonarr, Radarr, and rest I use :))

------------------------------

Wise guy don't know everything, he can search or ask!
    Don't ask me via PM!

• Hello,

Thanks for the answer ! Sorry I didn't answer before but I have a more details about it to try to fix it for good.

So the issue is connected to the fact that I recently installed the docker plugin to test it out. I ended up not having the time to do so, so I forgot about it until an update of the docker plug-in (docker-engine (17.03.0~ce-0~debian-wheezy) wheezy) started failing. I'm getting this error, repeated literally hundreds of times in the log :

Since that docker update started to fail, the plex server plugin would fail to load properly anytime it was updated itself. The only "solution" for now that I found is to either install or uninstall the docker plugin. When I do that, the plex server is back and running....until it needs to be updated again.
    Note that even when the docker plugin is uninstalled, I still get the notification for the "docker-engine (17.03.0~ce-0~debian-wheezy) wheezy" update and it still fails with the same error.

I know it's a bit all over the place but any suggestion to fix this for good ? The ideal solution for me would be to get both plex and docker running as I would like to test the plex container for docker instead of using the omv plug-in but being able to uninstall docker for good would work too.

Thanks.

• any solution to this yet? I really can't get anything to update with this docker problem.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!