suggestion: (killall missing)

• That's right :D
    I moved all my storage (2x NASes with 12TB storage each) from freenas/nas4free to OMV after disappointing attempts to make the freebsd stuff working as they should.
    It seems like OMV is on the way to overtake frenas/nas4free but please do take into account user's suggestions.

Thanks!

• We listen. Volker is busy working on next version. Once it is out he will take more time to polish some things and write some documentation to make it easier to get more developers involved in making new plugins. Have patience and you will be even happier. :D:D:D:D I had to wait over 1 year on the forum/blog before I even had an ISO... I believed in Volker because I had read on the internet that he was a big force in the old FreeNAS.

TekklB

• We should create a feature request list where we also weight on how easy it is to implement.

This would be quite easy :) Anyway the target is to keep it as small as possible and to make it administarable by web frontend. Things like this can be easily installed by advanced users (apt-get install psmisc) and that will do the job for them.

I do not believe that we should put everything in as a full featured linux distro. It is a NAS and some things will never get into the distro. But I do not see any issue in it, as you simply can install those packages on your own. I installed vim for instance, as I am used to work with it on comand line, but it does not need to be part of the distro.

Everything is possible, sometimes it requires Google to find out how.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!