Questions about SMART-Values for Seagate IronWolf 2TB

• Hello,

after buying two Seagate Ironwolf 2TB last week, i installed them in my NAS this weekend.

While running a SMART-Selftest for he two new drives there were two logs-entries, that inform me about an increase of the RAW_Read_Error-Rate-Value from 100 to 117, and then from 117 to 120 for one of the drives.

The status of both drives is instantly green and the Test-Status of the Extended-Offline-Test was „completed without errors“.

Under „More Information“ fort he mentioned drive i found this:

The other drive – for which no notification in the logs was found – looks like this:

Until now i thought, that the SMART-Value starts with 100 (in some cases 200 or 255) an gets smaller, when errors occur. After falling under the „Threshold“-Value an SMART-Alert starts.

That a value gets higher was new to me. Does somebody know this from his / her own NAS-Drives? Eventually the values were wrong interpreted by smartctl and my drive has problems / is defect? The RAW-Value of the RAW_Read_Error-Rate is significant higher for the first drive - but does this mean, that there is a problem with the the harddisk?

Thank you for your answers and nice greetings,

Chris

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!