Plex Docker permissions

• With a recent upgrade from a USB to an SSD for my system drive I elected to upgrade OMV to 3.0 and start using Docker for Plex.

Although Plex is running and displays all the old metadata (including thumbnails) from the OMV2 Plex addin, none of the media will actually render. This suggest a problem between the container and host permissions (or mappings) to the media directories. All the media is in shares with UID=0(root), gid=100(users), but I noticed the Plex config share was UID=0(root), gid=1000, so I chgrp :users in the filesystem and updated the Docker env PGID=100, but Plex still only displays thumbnails but can't render the actual media ("Unable to load photo"). I also changed PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_USER from abc to root.

I have attached my Docker Plex config & logs in the hope someone with experience could point me in the right direction.

thanks,
    KS
    DockerPlexLogs.txt
    DockerPlexConfig.txt

KnobblySnail

OMV6 on Asrock E3C224D2I, Xeon E3-1230Lv3, 8Gb, WD Red 3Tb x3 zfs, 120GB Samsung EVO mSATA, CoolerMaster V550S, in a Fractal Design Node 304

• Looking within the container with docker exec plex showed me there wasn't a problem permissions, so I looked at the library definitions within Plex web interface which showed me my problem is with the /data prefix to the mapped directories which wasn't in the old Plex database.

KnobblySnail

OMV6 on Asrock E3C224D2I, Xeon E3-1230Lv3, 8Gb, WD Red 3Tb x3 zfs, 120GB Samsung EVO mSATA, CoolerMaster V550S, in a Fractal Design Node 304

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!