help on error: invalid arch-independent ELF magic

• Hello to all,
    I have the folowing configuration:
    HP Microserver Gen 8 G1610T with the latest firmware.
    2 4TB HDD in bay 1 and 2 and one 1 TB HDD in bay 3.
    Installed OMV 3.x who worked just fine, until now, from a 16 GB SanDisk Ultra SD Card (brand new) with NoFlash extra on OMV.

As I had some issues with the 2 4TB HDDs (were both brand new and broken) my NAS was shut down for a few days.
    I removed the 2 HDDs from bay 1 and 2 to get them tested and when I booted the system I got this message:

I mentioned that I removed the HDDs because that was the only change between when it worked and after.
    Prior to this I had some other attempts to install OMV 2.x, 2 of them were partially successful, but on both cases after a few days I was unable to boot OMV. Being a total noob on Linux and servers I just reinstalled the system, especially that was still nothing on it.
    Also I noticed that if I try to install OMV with the HDD's in bay the automatic process is not working, It always jam's at GRUB install, but if you remove all HDDs, the installation goes without any problem. This suggest that on install GRUB only knows to install on /sda, because if you have all the hdd's in, on the HP Gen8 Microserver, the SD card becomes /sdd and the others are /sda, /sdb, /sdc.
    I am writing this because if the SD Card is not broken then my problem is generated by the GRUB who, apparently, is lost when you mess with HDDs location.
    I searched the forum for "ELF Magic" and the only posts I found was one from 2012 with the SD Card brokenand another from 2014.

I have 3 questions:
    1. If it make sense what I am saying above about the controllers, is there any way to set up from BIOS on HP Gen 8 Microserver the order of the controls in order to have the SD Card always on /sda ???
    2. Is my SD card broken or is a problem with the GRUB?
    3. What programs (windows or MAC) can I use to test the SD card?

Thanks,
    Ionut

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!