Fresh install 3.0.58 amd64 ISO > 3.0.65 update question

• OMV 3.x
    • Resolved
    • Update
    • Fresh install 3.0.58 amd64 ISO > 3.0.65 update question

I got impatient and reinstalled my system from bare metal. I just have a quick question:

Upon first run (after installing amd64 3.0..58 iso), we are offered a ton of packages related to backports, also including latest kernel image and omv (no omv-extras or any plugins yet). There's still conflict between firmware-misc-nonfree and firmware-adi/firmware-ralink packages. Unselecting those two however results in nice and clean update, and those two packages never reappear.

Is that the recommended way of updating new install or should I go around some other way?
      OMV erasmus 3.0.90 | omv-extras 3.4.29 | Xeon E3 1225 | 8GB ECC RAM | 2x3 TB WD Red | 1.5 TB WD Green | 1TB HGST
    • QSx wrote:

Is that the recommended way of updating new install or should I go around some other way?
      That is the recommended way. omv-update from the command line would've worked as well. You shouldn't run into that problem again.
      omv 4.1.12 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.11
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!