Export OMV 2.0 and import on fresh install

• Hi,

is it possible to export a OMV2 configuration and reimport it on a fresh OMV3 install ? I have play a lot with pip and other things and I prefere to reinstall my Debian from scratch.

Thx

• Offizieller Beitrag

is it possible to export a OMV2 configuration and reimport it on a fresh OMV3 install ?

Nope.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi,

Thx... But is there a way to recover some informations from my OMW 2 to a fresh install OMV3 ?
    Or is it possible to upgrade OMV2 -> OMV3 and export OMV3 on OMV3 ?

Thx.

• Offizieller Beitrag

But is there a way to recover some informations from my OMW 2 to a fresh install OMV3 ?

You can save /etc/openmediavault/config.xml to look at for reference. You just can't import it.

Or is it possible to upgrade OMV2 -> OMV3

omv-release-upgrade will upgrade OMV 2.x to OMV 3.x.

export OMV3 on OMV3 ?

No. There is no way to export or import.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• No. There is no way to export or import.

Thx :-), but by export / import, I want to say use cat, tar, cp, or any command line. Not use a import /export GUI or WebUI.

Can I use a /etc/openmediavault/config.xml from OMV2 on OMV 3 ? It's the only file to restore service states and configuration (ie: samba, etc...) ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I want to say use cat, tar, cp, or any command line. Not use a import /export GUI or WebUI.

You could restore a backup over a fresh install but you wouldn't gain anything since you would need to restore all of the files.

Can I use a /etc/openmediavault/config.xml from OMV2 on OMV 3 ? It's the only file to restore service states and configuration (ie: samba, etc...) ?

Since the file is just for reference on the setup, you could use either. But, you can't copy that file to the new install and hope it works.

I see where you are going with this but I have never come up with a good way. Otherwise, I would have put it in the backup plugin.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!