BT Sync repo not working anymore

• Hello everyone,
    I'll explain a problem I have encountered some weeks ago on the 2 boxes I have running OMV.
    I found that I can't check for updates on OpenMediaVault. I have read the "log" that omv-update gives and it appears something like:
    Error fetching some indexes. (...) old ones were used.(...)

Reading a little more, it seems like the BTSync repo is down and OMV cannot fetch updates and that's why omv-update fails. I have BTSync repo activated since it's necessary to install Syncthing plugin and I use it, but now something changed in the repo and OMV cannot connect to update it. I have searched on some threads in the forum and the most similar thread was when Syncthing was 'ported' from HTTP to HTTPS and it broke something and we (end users) had to disable the repo, check for updates, update OMV-extras.org and re-enable the BTSync repo. Now I have done this (disabling the BTSyn repo) to be able to update the other plugins and other stuff on OMV; so this thread maybe is just informative to tell whoever maintains BTSync repo that it is down.

Can I do something to fix this or it's good to keep BTSync repo disabled until it's back up again?

Thanks in advance,
    Guillem

DISCLAIMER: :!: I'm not a native English speaker, I'm sorry if I don't explain as good as you would want. :!:

My NAS:
    Always the latest OMV Erasmus running on an AMD Sempron 3850 @1.3GHz with 4.9.0 Backports Kernel
    with 120GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO for OpenMediaVault & 2x500GB Primary Data HDD + 1TB Secondary HDD for Backup & 2TB USB 3.0 External HDD for offline backup

Plugin list:
    Flash Memory, Locate, OMV-Extras.org, RSnapshot, Sensors, Syncthing, SMB/CIFS, SSH, USB Backup
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Zitat

The Schrödinger's code is that one which is going to work and it's full of bugs at the same time; until you test it, you won't be able to determine it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can I do something to fix this or it's good to keep BTSync repo disabled until it's back up again?

I can remove it from omv-extras. Just need to know if it is temporarily or permanently down.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks ryecoaaron for the reply. So I will just keep BTSync repo disabled to be able to get updates for other packages.

Could this be related to Syncthing having implemented an auto-update feature? Last month I logged in the Syncthing GUI and it asked me to change preferences about getting updates automatically for Syncthing and maybe they have changed the structure or something because we won't need to "manually" update it from CLI or OMV GUI...

DISCLAIMER: :!: I'm not a native English speaker, I'm sorry if I don't explain as good as you would want. :!:

My NAS:
    Always the latest OMV Erasmus running on an AMD Sempron 3850 @1.3GHz with 4.9.0 Backports Kernel
    with 120GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO for OpenMediaVault & 2x500GB Primary Data HDD + 1TB Secondary HDD for Backup & 2TB USB 3.0 External HDD for offline backup

Plugin list:
    Flash Memory, Locate, OMV-Extras.org, RSnapshot, Sensors, Syncthing, SMB/CIFS, SSH, USB Backup
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Zitat

The Schrödinger's code is that one which is going to work and it's full of bugs at the same time; until you test it, you won't be able to determine it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Could this be related to Syncthing having implemented an auto-update feature? Last month I logged in the Syncthing GUI and it asked me to change preferences about getting updates automatically for Syncthing and maybe they have changed the structure or something because we won't need to "manually" update it from CLI or OMV GUI...

I looked into this more and it looks like btsync changed from http to https. So, this is probably causing the problem. I guess I can change the 2.x plugin. syncthing http and https repos are both working.

I haven't seen the syncthing auto update feature and after a quick search, I can't find anything recent on how it works.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Getting error when trying to install BTsync 1.0.14 on stone burner 2.2.13 looks like the GitHub link is 404 can some one help

• Offizieller Beitrag

I removed the btsync repo since it wasn't working correctly. I guess I should remove the plugin.

• Even though you're not working on it is there a way to keep an old version up for people who still have servers that are using the feature. I just had to rebuild my server and that was one of the Thinks I needed to finish the rebuild. Is there a way to get a standalone installer

• Offizieller Beitrag

I can leave the plugin but I don't have a way to get the btsync package.

• Offizieller Beitrag

No need. The plugin is still in the repo and the btsync 1.4 packages are here. Although, I would probably move to something like syncthing since the 1.4 packages are over two years old and not maintained anymore.

• Offizieller Beitrag

can we just put BTsync back

Back where? The plugin is still in the repo. I just removed the btsync repo which can easily be added manually in omv-extras.

mark it obsolete

How would I do that? There is no way to mark packages obsolete in the repo.

• the GitHub link that omv-extras uses is a 404 so when you try to install the btsync there is an error.

• Offizieller Beitrag

the GitHub link that omv-extras uses is a 404 so when you try to install the btsync there is an error.

What link? You need to add the btsync to omv-extras deb https://debian.yeasoft.net/btsync14 wheezy main or manually install the packages (you don't really need a repo if the files are never going to be updated).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!