RemoteMount Problems

• I am having some trouble using the Remotemount plugin to mount my smb shares. I hope somebody can help ...

After successfully completing the add dialog, I get the standard "Please wait... Applying configuration changes" but it never finishes. Seems to be looping somewhere.

While waiting for the GUI to complete, I took a look at fstab from a terminal and it now contains

Code
    proc            /proc           proc    defaults          0       0
    /dev/mmcblk0p1  /boot           vfat    defaults          0       2
    /dev/mmcblk0p2  /               ext4    defaults,noatime,nodiratime  0       1
    # >>> [openmediavault]
    UUID=fa36508a-b3c4-4499-b30a-711dd5994225 /media/fa36508a-b3c4-4499-b30a-711dd5994225 ext4 defaults,nofail,acl,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0 2
    /dev/disk/by-uuid/F474B7AA74B76DCC /media/F474B7AA74B76DCC ntfs defaults,nofail,noexec,noatime,big_writes 0 2
    //192.168.1.73/Valgraph /media/571d7507-e025-4457-9dd9-6864fcb45d14 cifs guest,_netdev,iocharset=utf8 0 0
    # <<< [openmediavault]
    # a swapfile is not a swap partition, no line here
    #   use  dphys-swapfile swap[on|off]  for that

which looks about right to me - Remotemount has indeed added a line for the share Valgraph on 192.168.1.73

I don't know how to get out of the GUI loop other than closing the browser tab so I opened another GUI session and tried to delete the problematic remotemount but another loop. I closed the GUI tab again. In yet another tab I tried to delete the plugin but that also failed.

So finally I tried to reboot OMV only to find that it would not boot and so no access via ssh. Using a keyboard and a local display I was able to remove the aforementioned line in fstab that was created by RemoteMount and then OMV booted OK and with some messing about I was able to delete the plugin.

So a few questions:

• In the event that the GUI hangs up somewhere, what is the recommended means of escape?
    • It seems as if RemoteMount is trying to mount the remote share when it is "applying configuration changes" but gets stuck if there is something wrong with the share. Surely there should be a timeout?
    • RemoteMount creates a valid entry in fstab but does not by default add qualifiers like nofail or ,x-systemd.device-timeout. Therefore if there is a problem with the share, the next boot fails to complete. Is it the intention that users should add failsafe qualifiers themselves - or should they be default
    • 4) In case the GUI fails in this way, what is the best procedure for removing a plugin from the CLI? How can I recover if I make a mess??

thanks for your help

n

• Offizieller Beitrag

In the event that the GUI hangs up somewhere, what is the recommended means of escape?

Refresh the page.

It seems as if RemoteMount is trying to mount the remote share when it is "applying configuration changes" but gets stuck if there is something wrong with the share. Surely there should be a timeout?

If it is getting "stuck", it is probably because it is having problems logging into the remote mount due to a wrong setting. Not much I can do to fix this. I would think the timeout would be 30 to 60 seconds though.

RemoteMount creates a valid entry in fstab but does not by default add qualifiers like nofail or ,x-systemd.device-timeout. Therefore if there is a problem with the share, the next boot fails to complete. Is it the intention that users should add failsafe qualifiers themselves - or should they be default

I guess nofail should be a default option. The plugin is a work in progress that I do use myself but haven't received much feedback that doesn't involve wrong settings.

In case the GUI fails in this way, what is the best procedure for removing a plugin from the CLI? How can I recover if I make a mess??

I think you were a little quick to remove the plugin but apt-get purge openmediavault-remotemount will remove the actual plugin. This does not remove each of the mntent entries which will keep showing up in fstab. I need to figure out a good way to do that since there may be shared folders associated with those entries.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Looking at the iscsi and lvm plugins, they do not remove filesystems when the plugin is uninstalled either. So, the remote mount plugin is going to stay with the same behavior.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi guys!
    First of all, so sorry for my bad english.

I'm experiencing a little problem with RemoteMount plugin here.
    I have two Raspberry Pi 3 attached to my router.

Pi 2 (192.168.1.200) is running Openelec (Kodi) with an 1TB external HD attached to USB port, sharing the files with all network via SMB.
    Pi 1 (192.168.1.100) is running Raspbian Jessie, including Deluge, OMV, SickRage and OpenVPN.

I've mounted the Pi 2 external HD drive on Pi 1 /MEDIA folder using the following /etc/fstab

Code
    //192.168.1.200/media_storage /MEDIA cifs guest,uid=1000,gid=1000,_netdev,x-systemd.automount 0 0

So far so good... I can access and modify my files through the network pointing my laptop (Win10) Windows Explorer directly to \\192.168.1.200\media_storage\, also Deluge on Pi 1 can save any file to /MEDIA.

https://imgur.com/jq2nW7N

The problem is, I cannot mount that bloody external HD in OMV using the RemoteMount plugin.
    Everytime I try to do this...

https://imgur.com/ruNh4Vl

OMV shows an error screen...

https://imgur.com/5Kzezu1

Can anyone help me?
    Am I doing anything wrong?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!