ZFS Not Mouting All Folders After Routine Update

• I did a update last night like I do every few months and everything was fine until I went to my Android TV/Kodi and it said the files no longer existed. So the facts for my setup and problem now are:

v3.0.65 Erasmus
    Pentium 4 @3GHz
    4.8.0-0.bpo.2-amd64
    4GB Ram
    ~5TB pool with OS on 16GB USB (with flash memory plugin)

Issue Symptoms:
    - Nothing obvious in the logs
    - File Systems Lists the device (mainpool) but has n/a's for Total, Available, Used and reports its not moutned and when I click on it the options don't allow for me to mount, unmount, etc.
    - ZFS plugin installed and shows my pool with size, used, available, mountpoint, online state, and status OK. Details Below

Any Tips on what to fix?

• Was this after a reboot?

What is the output of zfs list and df -h from the command line?

If you can't get at the command line, what does the File Systems page show? You should be seeing Mounted = Yes for everything.

• Was this after a reboot?

What is the output of zfs list and df -h from the command line?

If you can't get at the command line, what does the File Systems page show? You should be seeing Mounted = Yes for everything.

Yes after a reboot.

The results of zfs list:
    ~# zfs list
    NAME USED AVAIL REFER MOUNTPOINT
    mainpool 934G 4.36T 934G /mainpool

The results of df -h:
    ~# df -h
    Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    udev 10M 0 10M 0% /dev
    tmpfs 702M 8.8M 693M 2% /run
    /dev/sdd1 14G 2.7G 11G 21% /
    tmpfs 1.8G 4.0K 1.8G 1% /dev/shm
    tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
    tmpfs 1.8G 0 1.8G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
    tmpfs 1.8G 8.0K 1.8G 1% /tmp
    folder2ram 1.8G 28M 1.7G 2% /var/log
    folder2ram 1.8G 0 1.8G 0% /var/tmp
    folder2ram 1.8G 508K 1.8G 1% /var/lib/openmediavault/rrd
    folder2ram 1.8G 23M 1.7G 2% /var/spool
    folder2ram 1.8G 7.7M 1.8G 1% /var/lib/rrdcached
    folder2ram 1.8G 8.0K 1.8G 1% /var/lib/monit
    folder2ram 1.8G 0 1.8G 0% /var/lib/php5

Regarding the file systems page: see attached image and notice the mainpool filesystem is clicked but no options are available either.

• Well, for a quick fix, try zfs mount mainpool manually. I'm assuming you only have the base mainpool dataset and no child datasets.

I'm about to leave for work, but I've had a similar problem in the past; I'll try to track down some info for you.

If zfs mount mainpool doesn't work, it should give a useful error. Also, make sure there's nothing in the /mainpool directory that it mounts to; that can cause issues as well.

• Yep, had that happen a few times myself. There's a way around it with normal filesystems that mount through fstab, but since ZFS mounts are done differently it can get caught up if something causes it to get unmounted.

Glad it's working for ya!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!