Deactivate Email-notification for login?

• OMV 3.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Deactivate Email-notification for login?

Hello,

after an update a few days ago, I receive the following mail for each login to the webgui:

Source Code

1. Dear admin,
      2. your user account was used to log in to NAME.local (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) via a web browser.
      3. Date and time: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 22:10:49 +0100
      4. Remote address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
      5. User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
      6. If you recently logged in to the control panel, you can disregard this email. If you have not logged in recently and believe someone may have accessed your account, you should reset your password.
      7. Sincerely,
      8. your openmediavault system
      Display All
      There are two threads without a solution ~ 1 year old:

webui email notification for every login - where to configure?
      Mail notification each time I log into Web-GUI, how to switch off?

Is there a solution now? Like a conf-file in which I can change the reason for the notification manually? In the Webgui, there isn't an option for "Login-Notification".

Thanks for your help in advance.
    • No, it is not possible to deactivate this messages. If you do not like it, simply create an email filter and redirect such messages into trash.
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit
    • This thread is the first hit for a google search "openmediavault login notification" so I thought I would share my experience with this issue.

I believe the intended behavior is to send an email when a login occurs the first time from a particular browser. OMV creates a login cookie after a successful login that I assume is intended to allow it to know for the next login to not send the email.

What I found was that a new login cookie was being created each time I logged in, until the third cookie was created. I got 3 emails. When I logged in the fourth time, no additional login cookie was created and no email was sent.

I don't know if this experience is unique to me, but if you are having this issue, try logging in 4 times and see if the emails stop after 3.
    • Just for your information. The notification email is only send once if no cookie is found, see github.com/openmediavault/open…ault/rpc/session.inc#L107. If a notification is sent everytime you login, then your brower clears all cookies after exit or you denied using them.
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit