No WebGui on Odroid-C2 with armbian (debian jessie) for OMV3

• Hi all,

I have been trying to install OMV for a few weeks but no luck. This is my story:

I'm a new-be, I would like to build my own nas.
    I bought an Odroid-C2. I write armbian 3.14.79 based on Debian Jessie on a micro-sd card.
    It boots, I follow as root the steps from Install OMV on Debian via apt

After the installation, the WebGui is not accessible. I get ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED in the browser.

I try a few options in omv-firstaid:

1. Configure Network Interface:
    Error: Expected at least 6 tokens for --menu, have 4.

2. Configure web control panel 80

ERROR: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; nginx -t 2>&1' with exit code '1': nginx: [alert] could not open error log file: open() "/var/log/nginx/error.log" failed (2: No such file or directory)
    nginx: the configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf syntax is ok
    2017/03/18 14:27:24 [emerg] 2622#0: open() "/var/log/nginx/access.log" failed (2: No such file or directory)
    nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed

I suspect nginx is not well configured, but I know nothing about this to fix it.

I also tried with the armbian Ubuntu version. No luck.
    I also tried OMV4 but that doesn't install due to some php* - virtual packages.

Any suggestions, please?

Thank you.
    And good luck with this product.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You would be better off to use the odroid-c2 image on sourceforge - https://sourceforge.net/projec…files/Odroid-C2%20images/
    It needs to be updated but should still work well once updates are installed from update tab. I will try to update it soon. Armbian is not exactly the same as Debian Jessie and I have seen it cause issues.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Armbian is not exactly the same as Debian Jessie and I have seen it cause issues

Just as a reference for people stumbling accross this: Armbian is a build system being able to create OS images from scratch in the following flavours: Debian Wheezy (not supported any more), Ubuntu Trusty (not supported any more), Debian Jessie and Ubuntu Xenial (and soon Debian Stretch). OMV 3.x requires Debian Jessie and should run happily on Armbian's Jessie flavour.

And when we're done with optimizing tweaks/settings over there in the other thread it's easy to generate an optimized OMV image for all the SBC Armbian currently supports (+50 atm but most of them not that suited though with the addition of USB3 GbE adapters even those boards without Ethernet will outperform every Rasperry around)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just as a reference for people stumbling accross this: Armbian is a build system being able to create OS images from scratch in the following flavours:

But another note is that people are downloading customized Armbian images where other people used Armbian as a base and are still calling it Armbian. So, it is difficult to know what they are using sometimes unless they are using your pre-made OMV images (which I don't think we will have the issues).

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• other people used Armbian as a base and are still calling it Armbian

Yep, that's a problem (even for Armbian itself). That's why we invented 'submitting debug logs' over a year ago. Anytime someone mentiones 'Armbian' better ask for the output of 'sudo armbianmonitor -u' (uploads comprehensive logs to an online pasteboard service obfuscating most if not all sensitive information).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!