Hard drives randomly go offline maybe after 1-2 days - Simple reboot fixes it

• For about a week now, my HD's will randomly go offline and I won't notice until I open Kodi or Emby and try to watch something. I don't recall doing anything settings-wide. it randomly occurs after a day or 2. My server is always on 24/7.

This is how it looks when my drives don't work:
    http://imgur.com/a/Q2vtN

Then after a restart, normal functioning:
    http://imgur.com/a/0dEJ1

I was going to paste a log, but not sure which is helpful, the syslog?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did the system reboot on its own or did you reboot it? What kind of HP is this? I would definitely install the backports kernel (there is a button to do it in omv-extras).

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I had to manually reboot the server after I realized the HD's went missing/offline/sleep/whatever is going on.

HP ProLiant ML10 v2 Tower Server System i3-4150 3.5 GHz 4 GB RAM
    Ok, backport kernels installed - I'll post back on any updates

• Hey,
    I encounterend this problem before.
    In my case my PSU was to weak for all the hard drives connected.
    Sometimes the drive would dissapear , sometimes it would say it was "read-only".
    A reboot fixed the problem for a while, untill he needs all the drives at the same time.
    Replacing the PSU with a stronger one, the problem was fixed.

• I had 2 hard drives in an array, and well, it turns out one of the HD's just died last week. So I wonder if the issue I originally described above was a sign of a dying HD.

3 TB of media gone :(. Oh well, I needed blu ray quality upgrades anyways ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!