How to install OMV on Debian 9

• hello
    Sorry if this topic was already but i can not find out the full information.
    I bought a new motherboard and I am forced to install Debian 9 (debian 8, even with the new kernel,did not work properly, system hangs and restarted or was very slow).
    I would like to ask if there is an option and how to install OMV, which version will be work ok with Apache2 ( i have a web serwer working at Apache and i would like not to change it).
    I would like to install plugins (owncloud and openvpn), etc.

I have
    asrock j3455-itx witch 16gb Ram
    Debian 9.0 Streach amd64 kernel 4.9

• Offizieller Beitrag

The current beta of omv 3.0 works only in debian 8. OMV 4.0 exists and is based in debian 9 but it doesn't have any plugins at all. OMV 4.0 is only meant for testing ATM.

I bought a new motherboard and I am forced to install Debian 9 (debian 8, even with the new kernel,did not work properly, system hangs and restarted or was very slow).

When you tested this, the kernel was it the default Jessie kernel, did you attempt to use the backport kernel ?(which is the same as debian 9). I've seen people here in the forum with very hw that fix their issues with the kernel.

Also as you have apache running you have to setup this properly to work with nginx (default http engined of omv), because of port conflict if you want to use port 80.

• Thanks for the reply, I use backport kernel ( I think 4.8.0.1 or 4.8.0.7 ) and unfortunately it did not work, the system was very unstable and there were problems with some system function ( I think my linux skills are not that hight to deal with it).After installing Debian 9 everything works, quickly and efficiently.
    Thanks for the help, in that case I have no other way utill wait for version 4.0.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The backports 4.9 kernel on Jessie is the exact same kernel that Stretch uses. There is no reason you can't use Jessie. Just install the 4.9 kernel right away or install OMV on a different system, update it, and move the drive to the new system.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks for the help problem solved.
    Maybe someone will use it:
    After install Debian Jessie and upgrade backport kernel to 4.9 i have a problem with Gnome ( screen Oh no! Something has gone wrong." and "A problem has occurred and the system can't recover. Please log out and try again.") but KDE work's ok.
    I spent a lot of time to find the cause with is problem with graphics card ( intel HD 500)
    to fix it you need:

Added "intel_iommu=igfx_off" and "i915.enable_ips=0" to /etc/default/grub on the line beginning with GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=, updated line reads:
    code
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet intel_iommu=igfx_off i915.enable_ips=0"
    then
    run
    update-grub
    and reboot

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!