Trouble with OMV updating

• I started having trouble updating my OMV; When I run upgrade under the update manager, I get an error and the update fails. Originally this was just happening on the MySQL update, but now no update is being complete.

I have read some threads on the form that seem to be similar, but not sure how to solve my problem.
    Do I have to purge one of the plugins? I would like not to loose any of my data or configuration.

Thank you for the help !!

• The data is backed up..... configuration not so much

I was thinking of using this opportunity to install OMV 3, but there a couple of plugins for OMV 2 that I use.... not available yet on OMV 3

I would like to just fix my issue and keep running OMV 2 for now, since everything seems to be working except updates.

• Anybody ..... even a guess on were to start?

I have tried:
    Apt-get clean
    Apt-get install -f

Even if someone does not know how to fix the issue, I would like an explanation of what happened so I don't run into trouble again.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you have omv-extras installed? What type of system? It probably was caused by something you installed but hard to stay.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Have not installed anything new in a long time. System has been up for 25 days, but this issues started a couple of days before that..... lets says 30 days and I have tried restarting just in case it would fix it 25 days ago... hahaha

System:
    OMV 2.2.13
    Kernel: 3.16.0-0.bpo (backports kernel)
    OMV Extras Installed
    Dual Zenon E5606
    RAM: 20 GB
    Quad NIC in LACP
    OS is on 32 gb SSD
    System Drives: 2 x 300 GB in raid 1
    System Drives: 8 x 2 TB in raid 6
    Backup = USB drive for critical data

Installed:
    -Flash Memory
    -Kerberos plugin
    -Antivirus
    -DLNA
    -MySQL
    -Nginx
    -Plex
    -Offline Imap
    -Remote Shares
    -Rsnapshot
    -Sensors
    -SMB
    -UPS
    -USB Backup
    -Webdav
    -Docker

This system is several years old and has been running great..... except when I mess something up. Maybe two hard drive failures in the hole time I have had it. Even now everything works great, I just can't update anything.

I was thinking of reinstalling everything, but with with little kids.... I have virtually no time.

It all started with MySQL update came through and I tried to install it: MYSQL Server 5.5 5.5.54-0+deb7u2

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!