Final help Joining a windows 2008 AD

• Hi All,

I have tried various methods in getting the omv to join an active directory and ultimately be able to assign AD users to shares created on it.

I'm using a VM at the moment after re-installing on physical hardware a few times and starting over.... my clean physical install awaits correct config now!

After some failed attempts and thinking it was just my own inability to follow instructions, I fired up a clean ubuntu 16.04 server, followed this procedure and within a few mins was joined to my domain and able to see AD users!

I decided to use the same procedure on my omv box (fully updated, ver 3.0.67) and sure enough, a few mins later I'm joined to the domain BUT no users with the getent command - this is as far as I have got before following various methods on this forum.

Anyone know the secret to the final step?!

my omv box is listed in AD, I have re-authed this morning with kerberos kinit administrator and get a valid ticket klist

Any help or suggestions are most gratefully received

Many thanks

Bryan

• I got this sorted in the end using this thread - specifically the pdf doc attached to it.
    As a new member on Friday I was unable to view it. After getting full access to the forums on Sunday! I was able to write a post and then found I had access to the document.

Although this states 2012 AD, I used it successfully to connect to a 2008 AD.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!