Docker + OMV3 safe?

• Yes. There is a Plex Docker Container for example. So you do not need to install the standard Plex plugin.

Yes I know, that is what I wanted to do, have everything on containers.

In fact I wanted to put docker inside a VM, but since it seems rather dificult to keep OMV3 as a host, I kinda gave up on it.

Now I just need to figure out how to reset my Root pw since I forgot it some how. The wiki says to do a Chron Job but it doesnt work.

• Still talking about Docker how do you get the docker plugin to show up via the omv-extra? I had the extra plugin install according to the guide in the website.

Other plugins shows up but no docker plugin I have installed it manually now, but what am I doing wrong that docker does not show up?(ps docker repo is active in the extra setting.)

• Do you get any error messages?

Btw. you can also reset the password via SystemRescueCD for example.

http://wiki.openmediavault.org…ange_root_password_in_CLI

Yeah I followed that wiki page and on the GUI it didnt do anything but I didnt check the logs, need to check when I have time.
    The rescueCD is a bit of an inconvinient because the PC Im using does not have a GPU and I would have to turn everything down to install one temporarily, want to try avoid that option.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The rescueCD is a bit of an inconvinient because the PC Im using does not have a GPU and I would have to turn everything down to install one temporarily, want to try avoid that option.

If you can access the web interface, create another user and add that user to the ssh and sudo groups. Login via ssh and sudo passwd root

Still talking about Docker how do you get the docker plugin to show up via the omv-extra? I had the extra plugin install according to the guide in the website.
    Other plugins shows up but no docker plugin I have installed it manually now, but what am I doing wrong that docker does not show up?(ps docker repo is active in the extra setting.)

Assuming you are using OMV 3.x, do you have 64 bit OMV installed? If not, you won't see it.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Assuming you are using OMV 3.x, do you have 64 bit OMV installed? If not, you won't see it.

Yes: uname -a Linux nassie 4.9.0-0.bpo.2-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.13-1~bpo8+1 (2017-02-27) x86_64 GNU/Linux

It was a iso form sourceforge latest 3.x

Did two reinstalled but did now show up so did it mannually. Even a third setup in vmware did not show docker in it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes: uname -a Linux nassie 4.9.0-0.bpo.2-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.13-1~bpo8+1 (2017-02-27) x86_64 GNU/Linux

It was a iso form sourceforge latest 3.x

Did two reinstalled but did now show up so did it mannually. Even a third setup in vmware did not show docker in it.

You updated to the latest OMV and omv-extras? What is the output of:
    apt-get update
    dpkg -l | grep openm

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Couldn't wait. I've confirmed that mine is 64 installation too.

And here goes the dpkg result:
    ii openmediavault 3.0.68 all Open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii openmediavault-nut 3.2.10 all OpenMediaVault Network UPS Tools (NUT) plugin
    ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 3.4.25 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault

Also... I noticed that now omvextras won't show me the options to install backports. I only have 2 tabs: Repos and Kernels, and inside Kernels only the choice of the booting kernel and installing the proxmox kernel. Weird

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guess I'm having the same problem. Docker isn't showing up. Had to reinstall omv from scratch today

Fixed now.

Also... I noticed that now omvextras won't show me the options to install backports. I only have 2 tabs: Repos and Kernels, and inside Kernels only the choice of the booting kernel and installing the proxmox kernel. Weird

This isn't weird. There should be only two tabs and you don't need to install the backports kernel when OMV uses it by default now.

i have to add : deb dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-…evelopers/erasmus-docker2 jessie main
    in omv-extras-org.list for docker plugin.

Please don't do this. I am trying to get rid of this repo and this will just cause problems updating when I do actually remove it.

I am reinstalling OMV now again (fourth time) Running on the same hardware as you gen8 with I3 only same ram.

You really shouldn't need to keep reinstalling.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!